The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
well i have been pleased with my ctr had it from new and just over 150k miles still going strong.

i think a few things need looking at -

suspension creaking abit and knocking in the fronts - anyone know what this is and how much are honda springs and shocks ?

screeching sound when i start the car in the cold and i think the belt needs replacing even thou they look ok ?
dandemoraliser wrote:sure its shocks and not bushes? Be a lot cheaper if it is.

Good work on the ownership though, if i hadn't been piling mileage on mine i'd probably still have it!
creaking getting loud, will get it checked today sounds like the bushes thou i think

wonder if it will do 300k miles !! has anyone done that ?
jonezy wrote:Springs will usually be fine unless snapped, pick a set up off a low miles car for £20 or less

Bilstein replacement shocks are £200 odd for the set I think
£20 !! is that from breakers yard ? wheres the best place to look for ctr spares thesedays ?

even the bilstein shocks are not too expensive. thks

Good work on the ownership though, if i hadn't been piling mileage on mine i'd probably still have it!
Same here, wish I had been able to keep my cosmic one now. You can't buy another one new now and keep it :(

I would love to buy it back provided its okay, wonder where it is?

Its still alive according to the mytextcheck app, BN54 RGX
N77 wrote:

Same here, wish I had been able to keep my cosmic one now. You can't buy another one new now and keep it :(

N77 rings a bell !! you can always get the new CTR when it comes out.............just this week read about it after
the saleman gave me the leaflet from honda garage !! 300bhp - 0.60 5secs ?? wow !!
bunnykins wrote:
N77 wrote:

N77 rings a bell !! you can always get the new CTR when it comes out.............just this week read about it after
the saleman gave me the leaflet from honda garage !! 300bhp - 0.60 5secs ?? wow !!

I have already had an FN2 Type R recently but as its the main car its been replaced with a diesel TT.

But might look at getting an ep3 again as a toy and 2nd car to play with.

I have been on the forum on and off since it started when I got my first Type R in March 2002 then my cosmic from 2004 to 2008.
N77 wrote:
bunnykins wrote:
N77 wrote:

I have already had an FN2 Type R recently but as its the main car its been replaced with a diesel TT.

But might look at getting an ep3 again as a toy and 2nd car to play with.

I have been on the forum on and off since it started when I got my first Type R in March 2002 then my cosmic from 2004 to 2008.
EP3s are great cars really, good idea to get another !! i bought mine May2002 and had fun going to all the ctr meets as it was just starting then.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]