The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
By Rollerdan
Hi guys seen one of these rack raisers and always wondered what it does ? Isit to reduce torque steer ? Also how hards it to fit ?
By baddohc
People use it when lowered, raises the rack ends if im not mistaken.
By Wingnuttzz
The rack raiser bracket is for people who are lowered circa 30mm. When lowering by this much the track rods end up at quite an aggressive angle, can cause excessive track rod end wear and can cause a lot of bump steer.

By fitting the bracket you straighten the track rod out to near OEM angles, and it does help eliminate bump steer.

For fitting, personally I found there just wasn't enough space down the back of the engine to remove the track rods from the OEM bracket, bearing in mind they shall probably never been removed before, so I removed the whole rack and did it off the car, then refitted. Not to big of job, especially given the EP3 is electric steering, the DC5 is hydraulic so had to muck about with fluids etc.
By Rollerdan
Im lowered on abp springs, would i feel the difference in this ? Like will the ride feel a little better aswell as the handling ?
By Wingnuttzz
Will make no difference to how the car rides or handles really, just reduces bump steer and wear and tear.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]