The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
Hello everyone,

MeisterR is in the finial stages of its new website, and we are looking for pictures for the gallery and testimonial of the coilovers from members who have used them.
We thought it will be easier to have everything on one thread and we will add them on to the website.

So if you have pictures of your car on MeisterR coilovers, please post them and write a short review of what you think of them. :)

1. Name: (If you want to provide it)

2. Location: (Town or County)

3. Car Make and Model: (Honda Civic, Mazda MX5, Nissan Skyline GTR, etc)

4. MeisterR Coilovers Model: (Zeta-S, Zeta-R, etc)

5. A Short Review:
a. Performance on Road:
b. Performance on Track:
c. Value for Money:
d. Would you buy again:
e. Any Personal Note:

7. Pictures:
Please attach any pictures you have of your car that you want to show the world. ;)

8. Video:
If you have any video of your car in action on YouTube / Vimeo, please attach link to video.

The new website should look a lot better, and make navigating easier.
We also have some exciting new product to add onto the website so we are looking forward to getting them completed and launch.

Thank you for everyone's help over the years, and I look froward to everyone's pictures and review. :)

Jerrick
Last edited by MeisterR on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cant believe I'm the first to do this, there must be loads of you running these coil overs :-D
MeisterR wrote: 1. Name: Chris

2. Location: Leicester

3. Car Make and Model: Honda Civic Type R (EP3)

4. MeisterR Coilovers Model: Zeta-R

5. A Short Review:
a. Performance on Road: Road performance with these coilovers is great, the spring rates aren't too hard as to break your back over every little bump but still provide a good road handling. The damping adjustment makes a big difference, I've found turning it down to around the 10 click range gives a fairly smooth ride and doesn't upset the car over rough surfaces.

b. Performance on Track: I am just due to do my 6th track day on these coilovers which have been great every time. Turning the damping up really stiffens up the response of the coilovers coupled with the rest of my suspension mods gives the car good handling. The front camber adjustment on the top of the struts allows a wide range of camber adjustment in my case up to 2.5degrees each side. With my engine being standard power wise I rely on handling to keep up with the more powerful cars and these coilovers are a key part of that set up.

c. Value for Money: I would say these coilovers are good value for money, I have had mine on for over two years (15k miles) and they are still in great condition. None of the threads on the body have got corroded from the road salt and all the paint is in good condition. Also the dampers themselves show no sign of leaks or wear, the shaft looks brand new thanks to the protective dust boot. After fitting cheap 'ebay' coilovers to a friends civic the quality difference between the two was very clear and they don't look great after one winter!

d. Would you buy again: Definitely, I am even considering upgrading to the more track focused 'super race' coilovers.

e. Any Personal Note: I would just like to say that MeisterR's customer service is very good, any questions I had was answered quickly and were very helpful including back when I first ordered them keeping me updated on the ETA.

7. Pictures: {direct and forum links}
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/m ... P_0039.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/m ... P_0396.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/m ... 74edit.jpg

8. Video:
Oulton park

Coilover shot :cool:

Awesome looking and the coiloves shot was awesome! :)

Glad you are keeping up with faster car by cornering faster...
It is a nice feeling when you have the confidence to dive into a corner and close the gap by the exit. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Website is coming along...
Any other members want to help out and join in? :)

Jerrick
Adam

Ep3 Type R

Zeta R

Short review: I have found my Meisters very good, they offer a large range of adjustment and damper settings to suit whatever setup you are going for.

Performance on Road: Mine ride very well, and aren't too harsh and crashy like some others available... Body roll has been greatly reduced, Grip and turn in is a lot more positive also.. All round a large improvement over OEM

Value for Money: For the quality you get and the price you pay they, id give them a big [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Would you buy again: Yes

7. Pictures:

LOL you still struggling Pauly?

I used a punch and hammer to knock the bottom ring free - but then still had to take the whole set of coilovers off, strip all the top mounts and springs off, put the dampers themselves in the vice and then use a 2m scaffold pole on the arm to free it up

I was a bit shocked after only 6 months - but the guy before me had lowered it so much the damper was sticking out the bottom and he hadn't applied any grease.
2 hours of freeing them up, a liberal coating of lithium greese and they seem fine now :)
Taylor_Type R wrote:Before i fit them do you have measurements i can set so there around a 30mm drop.?
I've just done mine. With a little preload on the spring. Measuring the gap between the 2 locking rings. The front is roughly 25mm and the rear is roughly 30mm.
You'll have to play around as I found the o/s/f to be lower (weight of the engine and driver), which then raises the n/s/r. I did mine, then a few days later had to adjust again as it had settled.
paulydixon wrote:Total wits end with them, done all that - nothing.

I think I just want two complete new front units and I'll sell these as spares
Sounds like it :(

If you had the time maybe soaking them for a few days with plusgas might help.

I found on mine the problem is the whole damper has been powder-coated/painted. The paint had seized in the threads completely
When I stripped them down I tried to wire brush as much of the paint off the threads as I could and then covered them in lithium grease to stop them corroding.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]