The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
Lewisgame wrote:
Taylor_Type R wrote:Before i fit them do you have measurements i can set so there around a 30mm drop.?
I've just done mine. With a little preload on the spring. Measuring the gap between the 2 locking rings. The front is roughly 25mm and the rear is roughly 30mm.
You'll have to play around as I found the o/s/f to be lower (weight of the engine and driver), which then raises the n/s/r. I did mine, then a few days later had to adjust again as it had settled.
Spot on [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

But Defo need DC5 track rod arms.
Pauly have you had any luck with them yet? Some people have suggested in the past to put some heat on them, might be worth a try with a little caution.

We had some great pictures and reviews across the forums anymore owners want to join in?

Edwin
MeisterR wrote:Pauly have you had any luck with them yet? Some people have suggested in the past to put some heat on them, might be worth a try with a little caution.

We had some great pictures and reviews across the forums anymore owners want to join in?

Edwin
Tried and failed, i've had them sat in boiling water, i've had a blow torch on them, i had them in wd40, GT85, shock n unlock, PB Blaster, in a vice with a 6 foot scafold bar....you name it and i've tried it.

Can someone mail me with a price on two full front unit's as i'm at the end of my tether with these two now

x x x
1. Name: David Taylor

2. Location: Crawley, West Sussex (Bad Roads)

3. Car Make and Model: JRSC NHB Honda Civic EP3

4. MeisterR Coilovers Model: Zeta-R

5. A Short Review:

Fitting was easy, when setting up i was supplied with a rough height to set them at which was bang on 30mm drop. I went from there and continued to fettle till i got the height i wanted.

a. Performance on Road:

Well what can i say, cars feel so much tighter to drive but not crashy. Went for a drive with my younger brother and he didn’t realise i had change them over, was running Eibach Springs on Standard shocks.
Currently in the 16/32 setting to bed them in but the handling is awesome, i have really bad roads near me but the car just inspires confident now and I’m able to enjoy the power more and more. :-D

b. Performance on Track:

Will get round to it :wink:

c. Value for Money:

With a discount code i think there great for the money, and now they’re offering Finance [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

d. Would you buy again?:

If i had to.....Yes!

e. Any Personal Note:

Always been afraid of fitting coilovers due to not wanting a crappy ride on my everyday car, but it’s really comfortable in the middle dampening setting (16) and knowing i can still go fully soft on a long journey it reassuring

7. Pictures:

Taylor_Type R wrote:Well i spent my Spring and Summer down this low…..

If you like i can do an update to my review

[smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Please do update review with more pics.
Always like the SA3R, that is looking awesome. :)

Jerrick
I'm looking at getting a set of CRD+, does anyone know if in addition to the coilovers and rear camber arms I'd need shortened steering arms and/or camber bolts? Im guessing camber adjustment is via the top mount? Also does anyone know what the minimum ride height drop is with these coilovers?

Cheers
two.colours wrote:I'm looking at getting a set of CRD+, does anyone know if in addition to the coilovers and rear camber arms I'd need shortened steering arms and/or camber bolts? Im guessing camber adjustment is via the top mount? Also does anyone know what the minimum ride height drop is with these coilovers?

Cheers
No need for camber bolt.
Shorten steering arms will depend on how low you go and what toe you are trying to achieve.

Minimum ride height drop I would say will be around -20mm, as the limit is in the rear.
You can probably use the springs to push the car higher if you must, but -20mm is a nice safe number to quote.

Jerrick
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]