The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
I have a few questions for the gurus. :mrgreen: :thumbup:

I have a Bilstein B16 PSS9, JDM rear ARB, front & rear camber adjusters on my CTR. Some of you know that I track my car alot, which of the following parts improve handling/make sense in any other way? :?:

Roll center adjusters:

J´s Racing SPL tie rods:

T1R Tie rod ends:

Mugen DC5 LCAs

I can seriously recommend roll center adjusters and reversed tie rod ends.
You need to be dropped around 30mm in the front though to get the correct geometry.

J´s Racing SPL tie rods, no improvement that I'm aware of. You might get a bigger toe adjustment range with these though but I'm not sure.

Mugen DC5 LCAs, gains a bit more negative camber and a little less unsprung weight but probably not noticable.
You also need to change front ARB and get the bigger version ball joints (DC5-R & RSX-S 05>) or get a adapter sleeve. Sleeves might be included not sure.
Price/performance I would keep the standard LCA and just replace the bushings to harder version, Energy Suspension for example.
fonzeka wrote:I can seriously recommend roll center adjusters and reversed tie rod ends.
You need to be dropped around 30mm in the front though to get the correct geometry.
Ok, but what do these do exactly? Especially the roll center adjusters? :scratch:
lolol

I have the J's racing tie rod's and their shorter than the stock one's, wich give's u more toe adjustability, specially if u want to run alot of negative camber at front

for an example i'm running -2 camber and -1 toe at front and i still have about 2 centimeter's of thread left on the rod arm

when u lower your car u will change the suspension geometry, wich means that the front lower arm will be working at a different angle, changing the roll center. u can set the damper at the stiffest setting or put a stiffer spring at front, but i bet that u will still have more roll than with stock suspension (maybe i exagerated but it's probably close to truth). so what the roll center adjuster does is to correct the lower arm angle, to make it work at the right angle again, but this one it's made to a specific drop and i don't know what it is. yeah probably 3 to 3,5 cm's max
BrunoCTR wrote:so what the roll center adjuster does is to correct the lower arm angle, to make it work at the right angle again, but this one it's made to a specific drop and i don't know what it is. yeah probably 3 to 3,5 cm's max
So if my car´s not exactly lowered about 30 or 35mm the settings will be still wrong? There´s no way to adjust them to another drop height? :scratch:

Were you talking about the J´s not being adjustable or about the ones Fonzeka posted?
Neither of them are adjustable, the ones I got is 32mm taller than OEM.
Not sure on J's but I think they are slightly shorter.
What's your drop sk8flex?
Even if you are not exactly at 32mm you would still get alot closer to the correct geometry than if you were using OEM ball joints.
I would say both or nothing.
If you only get tie rod ends you may get problems with the steering arm hitting the chassies and if you just go for the RC correcting ball joints your steering arm angle will get very bad.
This is with both RC correcting ball joints and reversed tie rod ends, imagine how it would look with the steering arm 32mm lower.

Edit: crappy image host :???:
Last edited by fonzeka on Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]