The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Down A Bit, Down A Bit, That's It...
By AndyTok
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and apologise if this subject has been covered before, I've used the search function but couldn't find anything.

I'm building a track car (2003 EP3 CTR) and looking to try and move the calliper to the front of the hub to make access easier for cooling ducts from front bumper.

My plan was to swap the Hubs, uprights and calipers from LH to RH side. Does anyone know if this is feasible? I'm unsure whether the geometry between lower balljoint and suspension pickup in equal side to side and worried it may give me some weird alignment issues.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Added in 5 minutes 24 seconds:
Just to confirm. The car is a 2003 EP3 CTR

Added in 24 seconds:
Just to confirm. The car is a 2003 EP3 CTR
By Norv
I plan to do this when I fit my brembo calipers. Yes it's a straight swap as far as I know. Backyard civics make a cooling duct back plate if that's any use to you?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
By Kirby
Most race cars that run brake cooling ducts, send the air to the centre of the discs and not the caliper. This way as the disc rotates the cool air is drawn in and out the end of the disc (circumference).

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]