The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Bhp or Beefy Sounds...
By LJHeardy
Hi guys.

Apologies from the start if this has already been covered or if I'm asking a stupid.

Will fitting an after market cat back exhaust effect the way the engine runs? by this I mean will it throw the standard ecu setting out of wack so it runs too lean or too rich, potentially cause more problems further down the line, or a decrease in power. Or will the standard ecu be able to compensate.
I'm not to bothered with how loud the car is or if there is an actual power increase (although this would be nice).
Once again apologies if this is a stupid question. I'm new to tuning fuel injection cars, I'm more used to carburettors.

At the moment the car is standard engine wise in terms of engine internals and ECU settings, and has full Honda services history etc. The exhaust system at the moment is the standard system. but its rotten up to the cat and I'm looking at around £400.00 to get a new replacement system from Honda.
I don't want to effect this as I want the car pretty standard. But don't mind changing wear and tear parts. like the air filter, exhaust (up to the cat) ect. because when I eventually go to sell the car I can swap the part back out again for the standard ones.
By Lewisgame
An upgraded exhaust from the catalytic converter back will be absolutely fine. The centre section or more commonly referred to as the 'b pipe' is the most restrictive part. So upgrading the exhaust and increasing the pipe diameter will give more power gains without effecting the running of the engine.
Changing the catalytic converter/exhaust manifold can give some issues with engine warning light coming on and potentially causing the fuelling to go leaner at high rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]