The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Bhp or Beefy Sounds...
By celica
Would adding spoon b pipe to a twinloop add any benefit, noise, more free flowing setup; albeit I assume will need to made custom to fit
By *nub*
Literally the back box only ? More than likely needs to be fabricated a bit, if the spoon back box is smaller than the mugen then it would become louder. No increase in performance and won't be more free flowing as its the same or similar diameter, too far Shen the system and only a small section of the entire cat back anyway. The mugen twin loop mid pipe may be slightly restrictive if anything but not loads.
Don't chop it up IMI, it's worth a bit. Just switch systems of get custom section made IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By celica
Think the mugen b pipe is 2.25" where as the spoon is 2.5"

Probably right won't make a massive difference, but seen one cheapish and the mugen b pipe is dented
By *nub*
I thought both spoon and mugen were 2.38" to be honest. You'd have to google to be sure. But what I tried to say among typos is its only a small section at the very end of the system so in terms of lowering back pressure or enabling gas to expand further I think there would be no measurable difference [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By celica
Well I guess mugen made it the way it is for a reason

Will look to get the b pipe fixed as has a flat spot probably from a speed bump

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]