The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Bhp or Beefy Sounds...
Hello guys I was hoping you could help me. I understand that if you put a exhaust manifold on that you have to get the car k-prod due to the car running leaner. And in doing so you have to get the keys recoded from honda. However I have a Clifford 650 with engine start in the car and basically one key is near the ignition barrel when installed to trick the car that the transponder is near the car to start. So my question is would I have to get the Clifford re-coded too? And the key out of the barrell for coding and then re installed?

Thanks would really appreciate the help

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Last edited by snny99 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I can't help you with your clifford alarm, but you most likely want to buy the cheaper K100, not KPRO. If you do want KPro then disregard this. If you buy a brand new K100 or Kpro it'll be linked to your ECU by the tuner and you don't need to recode any keys. That's if you buy a 2nd hand one, but even then I guess TDi north can do this. I've had my EP3 mapped with k100 at tdi north and they did all the work. I would expect your clifford alarm would work the same as the ECU itself is not changing, but i'm not 100% sure on this as I've no idea how it works

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]