The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Bhp or Beefy Sounds...
By HAMZAEP3
If there's a dent in a exhaust system just say on the B Pipe would this change the Air Flow and prenatal loose power
By *nub*
If it's a small dent then probably a negligible amount id guess if at all, might not be enough to show on a dyno. Especially if it's near the end of the system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By HAMZAEP3
also wouldn't sound right? as the air is flowing through the exhaust wall and right at the end of the wall is oval bent and air passing through that would change sound?
By *nub*
Put a pic up. I'm no expert anyway, are you saying the dent has made a leak in the pipe? If that's the case then I would guess it's more severe and back pressure may be created. I noticed that when my cat back was repaired/welded after it had cracked it seemed to gain a bit more power and throttle response. Possibly because the leak was creating back pressure and disturbing the gas flow

By Loxy
Someone else asked me about this with those exact same pictures.

I hope you've gone back to where you bought it from (I know where BTW) and asked them to claim in the courier insurance...
By HAMZAEP3
*nub* wrote:That's not a Js racing cat back is it ?

Hi mate its the Fujitsubo Legalis R
By Lewisgame
That small dent will have little to no effect on performance. But I'm guessing that's a new exhaust system that you've bought? I'd be sending that back as damaged goods.
By HAMZAEP3
Trust me,that's no little dent,when looking at it real life it looks like Tony Hawk half pipe,wouldn't sound right and wouldn't last long within year or 2,
Its is brand new system,waiting another month or so for new one

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]