The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Bhp or Beefy Sounds...
By akaTheDon
Hey all,

I have just fitted a Skunk2 megapower cat back exhaust to my car and it is vibrating quite a bit at certain rpm's and sometimes there is a slight knocking.

I am hoping that stiffer poly bush exhaust hangers would solve the issue?

I have no idea what hangers I need or what they look like?

Do you think this would solve the problem?

Many thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
By Kevin1990
I just got the same one and have the same problem lol. It's cz the pipe is bigger than the normal one so it vibrates on the body underneath. So it needs to be hung slightly lower.
Kevin1990 wrote:I just got the same one and have the same problem lol. It's cz the pipe is bigger than the normal one so it vibrates on the body underneath. So it needs to be hung slightly lower.
Ahh Ok cool, do you know how to do this?

Another question I have is do you run it with the silence or without?, I have it in at the moment as I am scared I get pulled for it?

Many thanks :)

By *nub*
Find out where it's knocking. I had the same issue with another cat back and it needed adjusting. If you want the poly hangers I believe it's EX011. I also had a Js racing triangular one which was very hard rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Kevin1990
I have it on too. I previously had a Kakimoto which was a little less loud and got pulled for another reason and copper just said "it's a loud bugger" so suppose what cop u go past, just dip your clutch lol. With regards to the Skunk2, you could try bigger hangers, this might work, if not maybe heat wrap the piping.

*nub* wrote:Find out where it's knocking. I had the same issue with another cat back and it needed adjusting. If you want the poly hangers I believe it's EX011. I also had a Js racing triangular one which was very hard rubber.

Cheers for the info dude, much appreciated!

Last edited by akaTheDon on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin1990 wrote:I have it on too. I previously had a Kakimoto which was a little less loud and got pulled for another reason and copper just said "it's a loud bugger" so suppose what cop u go past, just dip your clutch lol. With regards to the Skunk2, you could try bigger hangers, this might work, if not maybe heat wrap the piping.

Haha yea very true, all depends on what type of a day the copper has had I guess, I just hate the look of it with the silencer, I was thinking of maybe painting it black with hi temperature paint?.

My god this is one loud exhaust hey!

By Kevin1990
I'd just leave it. You can't really see it tbh. And Yh it's loud. But sounds awesome when you floor it. It's not just noise. It's got nice tone to it.

Kevin1990 wrote:I'd just leave it. You can't really see it tbh. And Yh it's loud. But sounds awesome when you floor it. It's not just noise. It's got nice tone to it.

Yea true, Yea it's a very nice sound, it's not too raspy (which I didn't want), do you get pops and bangs?

By Kevin1990
A little bit every now and again. And I can still here vtec kicking in which I'm happy about cz I didn't want to lose that cz it's awesome as I have a GruppeM too.

Kevin1990 wrote:A little bit every now and again. And I can still here vtec kicking in which I'm happy about cz I didn't want to lose that cz it's awesome as I have a GruppeM too.

Yea, I know with some exhausts you loose the vtec tick over sound.

My god your car must be even louder then lol, I have a k&n drop in filler with the air box mod and mine is loud enough lol,i have also lowerd mine on abp 30mm and my exhaust rubs on everything, I have only had my exhaust on for 2 days and I'm getting used to how to take speed bumps etc..

By Kevin1990
It must do. I wanted to lower min 10mm but don't think I will cz it'll just scrape on everything. And I've also got 70mm throttle body and RBC, 421manifold and decat. How about you?

Kevin1990 wrote:It must do. I wanted to lower min 10mm but don't think I will cz it'll just scrape on everything. And I've also got 70mm throttle body and RBC, 421manifold and decat. How about you?

It does dude, if it didn't look so good and handle better o wouldn't of lowerd it, nice one dude, I will eventually do those things to my car but at the moment just the filter and the exhaust, Does the throttle body make any difference at all, I was looking at one the other day?

By Kevin1990
Well worth the money. I would recommend it mate. I've got Skunk2 70mm t.b then the 70mm RBC

Added in 49 seconds:

Kevin1990 wrote:Image

Very nice!, you have an awesome engine bay there [THUMBS UP SIGN][WINKING FACE], sweet well I will definitely look into those mods in the near future.

By Kevin1990
Oh. That's abit far. I'm from near Leeds. I was going to say if your near by could arrange to meet. But regards to the exhaust. I don't suggest hanging it lower seen as you dropped the car. Maybe try wrapping the piping. That'll be cheap and if it doesn't work it won't have cost loads.

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]