The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Bhp or Beefy Sounds...
By Robbostfc
Confused on the decat topic. So people say the car will run lean with decat pipe but no one seems to say about runni g lean when fitting a catback system. As this makes it more free flowing would this not cause the same affect. Also i was under the impresion that the most resrictive part was the manifold so surly taking the cat off really would make no more diffrence than removing the centre and tail for free flowing parts as the mani would be restricting the flow still ?
By *nub*
It will run lean with only the decat, not as lean as with a proper decat mani I guess. I have heard that a decat pipe alone without mapping may not even provide any gains, you could even lose power. Some do run decat manis without mapping but its not advisable. You can use any aftermarket cat back and/or induction kit so if you're chasing power but don't want to remap then i'd start there. Good induction kit and cat back and you might make 10-15bhp or so without a remap

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]