The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Bhp or Beefy Sounds...
Hi guys,

I hope this hasn't been covered. I have search google and forums for a while now but cannot find nothing on this.

I currently have a Mugen Twinloop catback installed with a K&N Typhoon intake w/o remap. I have noticed a slight blow in my OEM exhaust manifold and want to get it changed. I currently have a Mugen manifold/sports CAT sitting there boxed up waiting to go on but was going to do it and get a remap the same time..

The question is would it be okay to put the Mugen manifold on, to replace the OEM one without a remap for a couple of months? Approx 1200 miles.

Also, another question..

My plan was to get an RBC inlet as well for the remap, but is it worth it? I'm not chasing figures but would like more useable power during a daily drive. Peak power isn't what i'm after, just after extra 'punch'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys,

Daniel
Hi Daniel,

some nice parts you have there. The advice given to me by Paul @ tdi north was to drive below 7k rpm, but this was with all bolt ons and a decat manifold. Your particular system with a sports cat would be a bit more restrictive although still running quite lean in the upper RPM i'd guess and you wouldn't want to risk driving it for a long time IMO. An easy solution would be to source a 2nd hand manifold on EBay, I expect they're pretty cheap like under £50. I would suggest getting an RBC if you want some more power and don't mind paying a bit of additional labour to fit it. The mugen sports cat and cat back itself is somewhat restrictive anyway compared to other systems, i'd also swap the Typhoon for a Tegiwa, although the typhoon will still perform on the dyno. I still think you'd get 230+ on a tdi north roller

Added in 2 minutes 19 seconds:
btw this guy appears to be selling an OEM mani

http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 1&t=290371
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]