The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Bhp or Beefy Sounds...
By Daniel-cmyk
Hi guys,

I currently have a Mugen twinloop catback and a K&N typhoon on my EP3.

The typhoon will be replaced within next couple of weeks, but the question is what are the DC sports manifolds like?

Do they provide good gains? Will it provide good gains with the twinloop and eventually, a TEGM or GruppeM?

I will get a remap once everthing is collected ready for the map.

Another important aspect for me is what's the build quality like on these?

Any help will be great guys!

Thanks,

Daniel
By *nub*
Damn Daniel. Mugen cat back is going to be a bit more restrictive than a regular 2.5" but it is very well made, not too loud and very rare. Teg m is the same as gruppe m. Dc sports is fine up to 250bhp. You could still get 240bhp with the mugen cat back and RBC etc so consider what you're aiming for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Daaaaaammmmmn daniellll haha. I currently have the twinloop on and going get either a teg/gruppeM to replace the K&N which was already on the car when purchased. I forgot to ask the main question is that will the manifold make the car a lot louder than it is now?

The reason I bought the Twinloop was because of the silent sound it creates. I don't mind a more tuned sound, I'm just trying to keep the noise down as much as possible.
By *nub*
There are very few cat backs that aren't loud with a decat. I think your mugen should be tolerable with a decat manifold. I'd have to see pics of the silencers to be sure. It'll sound deeper too. Stripped my EP3 a while ago so I focus on my FN2 these days.

By Danny_J
Im running a DC RH along with a mugen twinloop. Its not very loud at all, infact i couldnt believe how quiet it was when it was all fitted (this is a good thing haha) I wanted to keep the noise levels low so i can hear the JRSC whine :Music: Im also running the GruppeM and there isnt any difference tbh in quality etc from the Teg M intake but its worth it just to get the real deal and not a fake! :devil:
Damn Daniels! Haha back at it again.

Okay, this sounds promising. I'm trying to gather a good collection of parts before the remap, to get it all done at once.

Would anyone recommend another header? Minus the obvious like Toda etc..

What's the mugen mani/sports cat like? I can imagine quite restrictive?
By *nub*
Dc sports or japspeed will see 250bhp with RBC and other bolt ons. A Tegiwa (toda replica) may give a better torque curve but not necessarily more peak. Mugen mani and sports cat is very expensive and rare. So much so that I haven't seen many examples to demonstrate how it performs. There have been a few but I've forgotten. If you could find a cheap one then great, the sports cat would be more restrictive than a decat. I had the perfect header which was a supersprint header with sports cat but they are even rarer and expensive.

Hmm, I've come across a Mugen header/cat but I cant justify the price for the performance outcome risk. I've heard very good things about the Tegiwa header, but something inside of me keeps saying 'but it's Tegiwa'.

I'm going have a good think about this and see what pops up in the next couple of weeks!
By *nub*
Tegiwa have issues with their car backs, the header has no issues AFAIK. Benefit of the mugen would be passing the MOT. I'd be considering it if it was a good price and I wasn't bothered about getting maximum gains.

I was supposed to write 'k100/kpro' lol. There isn't no need for my to get the kpro tbh, unless it does something I done know it does?! Data logging, self mapping and launch control? Not sure if the K100 does launch control? Also, I'm positive they drop the vtec to 4K when 90% or more throttle is applied, is this capiible on the K100? Or have i been told a lie complete haha. The RBC inlet, I don't know if I want to spend the money for a few more BHP, but if one comes by good priced, I'll get it.

Could you advise on what gaskets id need for the manifold as I have to obviously buy new ones.

Added in 1 minute 38 seconds:
Apologies for the bad spelling! I'm using the forum on my phone and it loves to go really slow and cut out characters!
By *nub*
Yes Daniel, I had k100 with launch control and Vtec works how you say, it won't engage part throttle although v etc point depends on your mods, it won't necessarily be at 4K. Check Tegiwa website for OEM gaskets, description will tell you what it does. Although it's often a lot cheaper to buy from Honda once you get the part number. (Sorry Tegiwa)
RBC or PRC definitely worth it if you can get one second hand IMO

Okay wicked.. I'll have a scout around for a reasonably priced one. It's not getting mapped for a while yet so I've got time to purchase one.

Thanks Dan.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]