The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Bhp or Beefy Sounds...
Hey guys,

So I have a full skunk2 megapower r catback but I still house the OEM exhaust manifold right now. Obviously I need to replace this with something better, but my problem is that around here the coppers are pretty "check happy" and I don't believe any of the MOT places around here will turn a blind eye to a decat race manifold. What are my options here? I see practically everyone with a decat though, so how do you all manage? Thanks :)
There's a few options.
DC5 manifold and cat. Probably the most reliable set up to pass emissions.
Piper manifold and sports cat. Can swap to a decat section also. Be better for power gains but sport cats don't last long. Plus it's an expensive set up
Custom manifold e.g one by Solid Fabrications. Similar to the Piper but better for performance. Few guys on here run them and got some good numbers on the dyno.
Or just go full race and find a 'friendly' MOT station. Although they shouldn't, they maybe tempted if you wave a little extra cash ;)
OliMilanoRed wrote:So a DC5 manifold it is then I guess. Does it fight right into the ep3 quite happily?
I believe you'll need a JDM front anti roll bar for clearance. But I've heard of people get away with not using one with this manifold set up. I'm sure someone with this set up will be able to comment.
I've got exactly the same dilemma. I think for now, I'm going to get the TDi 3" system, and a decat section I can just unbolt and replace with the cat for MOT time. As for manifold, need something that will bolt to a simple decat section! [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]