The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Bhp or Beefy Sounds...
By project90
just a quick query on what is the best diameter to get for exhaust? I take it the OEM part is 52mm or so as that is what size the gasket was. my car is running AEM V2 filter japspeed stainless manifold 4-1 stock cat and the rest going be a custom job, but have the options of sizes.

so what would you guys recommend, not wanting a loud system when chugging thro town or cruising down the motor way, but not to bothered about noise when on a spirited drive.
By project90
Thank for replying, got the japspeed as it was same as oem just in stainless and £200 cheaper than hondas cast iron thing, guy fitting it said it fitted perfect and its been fine, not going for gains mainly just trying to keep car standard as I can.

The system that am getting done is just a powerflow as had 1 on my old car sounded good and had no issues with it, but was just wondering the diameter of pipe to get aswas advised 3" was a bit excessive if I was running stock cat and not planning any major engine upgrades.

My thoughts was either 2" or upto 2.5"
By project90
They put a silencer in mid pipe still and there seems to be a choice of back boxrs available, does a bigger back box make it quieter? Was hoping to get one with tin exits so it looks standard as possible with just twin 3" pipes as again that whats on now
By Lewisgame
You could buy a silenced mid section but bigger diameter and use the standard back box. Gain some power and won't be noisy.
I've got a piper system with twin exit like the standard box, there's one going in the for sale section. Although they're pretty noisy compared to standard.
By project90
The slot already booked in as they must get that full up and i could only get there on a Sat so might just get a 2.5 slienced mid and then a twin exit box to make it look as standard as possible

hopfully should be ok when cruising and about town i shall put up a vid when its done
By *nub*
Biggest consideration is whether you will be getting a decat. The volume of a catback is determined by the diameter and the size of the mid and back box silencer.
By mtailor
I think one of the OPs considerations is noise. Which would then negate the 3" system, as it would be noisy.
To restrict that noise on that system would need larger and possibly more restrictive silencers. Also, not using a 3" manifold either to aid performance.
2.5" is a good compromise. Built correctly it will perform and not be noisy as other 2.5" systems.
By project90
mtailor wrote:I think one of the OPs considerations is noise. Which would then negate the 3" system, as it would be noisy.
To restrict that noise on that system would need larger and possibly more restrictive silencers. Also, not using a 3" manifold either to aid performance.
2.5" is a good compromise. Built correctly it will perform and not be noisy as other 2.5" systems.

hope your right :D

no decat either just literally going for a near enough standard system just in stianless but might consider a 2.5" pipe work just maybe get out a few more bhp and keep noise to min.

again not bothered about the noise when am doing a spirited drive but as long as it was ok during a journey and trotting through the town, dont wnt to look like a corsa driver if you get my point :D

and yes i have a bit of consideration for my neighbours as i might come home late at night and dont want to wake the whole street up when as driving in :D

last time i got 1 for my old car the guy behind the counter seemed to know what he was talking about and got me a nice burble when car was ticking over n going through town nothing loud just a nice deep note but when i was going a bit faster on a 'track lets say' it was plenty loud and had a nice note to it so hoping they can advise me again

cheers for all the input i hope it goes well and if i get time might put up a sound vid n some pics
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]