The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Bhp or Beefy Sounds...
By teagie89
BlakMagik wrote:
Bud wrote:
teagie89 wrote:Only using a phone app my car came out as 140dB!!! Japspeed main with DC system. :twisted:
:lol:

So your cars louder than a 747 on take off
140db?? :lol: very much doubt it, unless that's at the limiter...?

Yeah that can't be right!! Must find someone with a proper tester and get it checked. :oops:
By BlakMagik
teagie89 wrote:
BlakMagik wrote:
Bud wrote:
teagie89 wrote:Only using a phone app my car came out as 140dB!!! Japspeed main with DC system. :twisted:
:lol:

So your cars louder than a 747 on take off
140db?? :lol: very much doubt it, unless that's at the limiter...?

Yeah that can't be right!! Must find someone with a proper tester and get it checked. :oops:
cant remember exactly where i got mine from, but think its this one http://www.digital-meters.com/epages/di ... 0DT-815%22

does a good job, pretty accurate too. :bigthumb:
By Jtizzle
Darkhawk has a proper one and on drive by with someone standing on side of road think i registered 111db. DC mani and catback :bigthumb:
By Jtizzle
Darkhawk wrote:Yeah was something like that but when he gave it me back it was on low setting so may have been louder, we need to go out again with Samm anyway!
Ow yeah forgot about that bit lol. Ow well just have to go and do some more then. :-D
By Jtizzle
Darkhawk wrote:Had no batterys or I'd have done mine today on dyno
Now you wont get a higher reading than doing it balls out on the dyno. Damm batteries.
By phunkmasterd
My 130dB's was at Castle Combe with proper equipment, I wouldnt say that the phone with its tiny mic would be that accurate, mine was recorded at around 5k rpm.
By teagie89
Anyone know how loud this system would be? Japspeed mani, R8byb un-silanced b-pipe and oem backbox. Need it to be under 100dB. Cheers. Teagie. :bigthumb:
By teagie89
teagie89 wrote:Anyone know how loud this system would be? Japspeed mani, R8byb un-silanced b-pipe and oem backbox. Need it to be under 100dB. Cheers. Teagie. :bigthumb:
Anyone got this set-up and had it noise tested?
By eatthis
phunkmasterd wrote:
My 130dB's was at Castle Combe with proper equipment, I wouldnt say that the phone with its tiny mic would be that accurate, mine was recorded at around 5k rpm.
140 db is over 4 times as loud as 130 :lol:

anybody round stoke wanna test mine?
By Darkhawk
eatthis wrote:
phunkmasterd wrote:
140 db is over 4 times as loud as 130 :lol:

anybody round stoke wanna test mine?

if you come near derby iv got a calibrated meter mate
By phunkmasterd
Well im getting a supposed louder setup installed for the 9th at TDi North as my car is being worked on from the 5th

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]