The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Bhp or Beefy Sounds...
By strtcpr
I've only got a DC cat back, but was reading 103dB on static test at 4500rpm (the track i use has a very understanding tester who never seems to notice i'm not giving him the 5500 he asks for). Not sure what It'd be like on a drive by reading - the bung does make a difference though and drops it by about 5dB, however you also get a knock on impact in performance.
By R155
glad i read this just scanning about for a new exhaust mainly for tracking, really don't need the hassle with balck flags having spent a fortune on a exhaust and trackday, cheers for info always helpful CTR forum :cooldude:
By sendai
I run 4-2-1 headers/decat and buddyclub pro spec 65 mm. the car is pulling very very good but I can't run this setup on the street anymore cause is far too loud.

.....so for now I put the OEM catback on for now, untul I will modify the oem back box with 65mm internal pipes and some weld job to joint with the buddyclub b-pipe.

....anyway....the car drives like s...et. I loose torque and power. A LOT! the AFR figures are ok, in the range.
On track days I put the buddyclub back on, reset ECU and reload the map. the car is 100% changed :thumbup:

I use the buddyclub only on track for now. In Italy we don't have noise regulations for track days but on the streets the police is hunting us down for every single mod :bad-words:
By Bud
sweatygooch wrote:Has anyone run an N1 backbox with one of the unsilenced b-pipes in the For Sale section? How would it compare to BC spec 3 catback?
I had a unslienced bpipe and N1 its seriously way to loud. You cant even think when your driving :lol:

Spec 3 is just as loud
By Mouthwash
sweatygooch wrote:Has anyone run an N1 backbox with one of the unsilenced b-pipes in the For Sale section? How would it compare to BC spec 3 catback?
At 5k RPM my N1 with an unsilenced pipe was 116 DB..... Quiet.
By thorny88
Ian_M wrote:
thanks, been wanting to no this as im running the same. Was that test conducted at a track?
By Mouthwash
thorny88 wrote:
Ian_M wrote:
thanks, been wanting to no this as im running the same. Was that test conducted at a track?

No I got a decibel meter and tested it at home.... so may not be 100% accurate but it gives you an idea. :)
By 1534walla
Marcus R wrote:Any idea what results a BC Spec 3 + DC mani will produce?
ive got this combo an its WAY too loud, sounds nuts in vtec though :roflmao:
By SeanEP3
can i get a decibal reader on the iphone? will it be accurate? i want to giggle at my DB level

also, my car has launch control set at 3500, so how would they test it?

mugen mani + mugen sport cat + pro spec 3 = bleeding ears :thumbup:
By Bud
ctr-lib wrote:hi what will a
race header- spoon b pipe- spoon n1 come out at

im in the mist of buying a spoon n1 but im doing some track days soon and i dont want a black flag
About 110ish

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]