The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Bhp or Beefy Sounds...
By Shappers
After fitting an unsilenced B pipe (standard manifold and BB), and having someone do some fly bys with my car, was a bit worried about the sound levels the car is producing (especially on the overrun). Having done some research online (and reading this very useful page!) http://www.the-ace.org.uk/loud-exhausts-cost-cash.html it seems the legal limit some police forces are using is 90db as ‘legal’… which means the standard car (at 93db) would fail a legality test with the police. Anyone know what difference the unsilenced B pipe would likely make to this test, I don’t see just a 2.5” unsileneced pipe with everything else standard listed.

Has anyone had any grief from the police/MOT testers?
By Darkhawk
Got my mate out today with a decibel meter

Didn't manage to get a drive by but did a few stood still runs

At 3.5k 103.2 db
At 4k 112.3 db ( on launch control/limiter)

Really wanna see what it is at 9k :twisted: it's so much louder haha I reckon 120 ish

Mugen manifold
Decat
Custom 2.5" b pipe
Hks high power back box
By Bud
teagie89 wrote:Anyone know DC mani with a DC catback system?
I have this, i recon its in the region of 105-110db on full chat.
By Josh1921
r8byb wrote:Just to add to this, my silenced B pipe with a Spoon N1 is 95db driveby MAX :bigthumb:
Really? I got 96db at 5k revs with your unsilenced bpipe and oem back box? I thought the spoon would be a lot louder, even if it's a silenced middle?
By sendai
for street using I finally coupled the oem back box with BuddyClub ProSpec 65mm b-pipe/KiddRacing header.
The sound is quite like oem, no rasp (strange). I had to adjust a bit the fuel.

( I also used the oem b-pipe and KiddRacing header and that will need more fuel adjustents cause it will run rich)
By kaner.eb
r8byb wrote:Just to add to this, my silenced B pipe with a Spoon N1 is 95db driveby MAX :bigthumb:
so this is way quiter than std std spoon ?
By MilanoEP3
Add to list...
Standard Mani.Supersprint unsilenced centre.Spoon N1 - 107db

was tested at oulton few days ago at trackday.

fortunately had my oem backbox with me as they wouldnt let me on. (105db limit).

swaped the spoon n1 back on when the plebs had jibbed off and released hell :twisted:

sounded like a touring car with my brother drivin it down start finish... :bigthumb:
By Bud
teagie89 wrote:Only using a phone app my car came out as 140dB!!! Japspeed main with DC system. :twisted:
:lol:

So your cars louder than a 747 on take off

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]