The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Bhp or Beefy Sounds...
By Superman001
If std mani, Spoon b-pipe, Spoon N1 is 104db I wonder how loud my setup is?

It has std mani unsilenced b-pipe and Spoon N1 rep, maybe 108-110db?
By phunkmasterd
decoep3 wrote:iv a dc sports mani , skunk 2 70 mm cat back . any idea of db ? havent got it back on road with tis setup yet
I have a Custom Tegiwa 4-2-1, to a skunk 2 70mm and its not as loud as DC sports 4-2-1, unsilenced b-pipe, Spoon n1 as that was 130dB's but booms more
By decoep3
phunkmasterd wrote:
decoep3 wrote:iv a dc sports mani , skunk 2 70 mm cat back . any idea of db ? havent got it back on road with tis setup yet
I have a Custom Tegiwa 4-2-1, to a skunk 2 70mm and its not as loud as DC sports 4-2-1, unsilenced b-pipe, Spoon n1 as that was 130dB's but booms more
130db is madness . atleast its not goin to be the loudest exhaust available hahaha
By evo_works
1812_s wrote:tested my dc sports manifold + dc sports catback at brands hatch 5500 rpm
100 db [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

That's my question answered. Surprised its not louder tbh
By billster
evo_works wrote:
1812_s wrote:tested my dc sports manifold + dc sports catback at brands hatch 5500 rpm

I am off to Brands in June for an evening event which is 102dB static and 92dB drive by so I might be okay with my gruppe M and DC manifold plus catback :grin:

I will take the bung with me just in case though, and post up here if it is anything different.
By billster
billster wrote:
evo_works wrote:

I am off to Brands in June for an evening event which is 102dB static and 92dB drive by so I might be okay with my gruppe M and DC manifold plus catback :grin:

I will take the bung with me just in case though, and post up here if it is anything different.
I did the trackday yesterday at Brands. I was apparently right on the limit for the static 102 dB test and the guy said I might get black flagged for drive by but I didn't. Was fine all day there, without the bung.

At Goodwood a few weeks ago I just sneaked past the 98dB with the bung in but was triggering every noise meter around the track so had to off off at all the wrong places :sad:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]