The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Bhp or Beefy Sounds...
By SeanEP3
No sure if this has been covered yet..

DC manifold > Spoon Mid Pipe > OEM Backbox = 98db @ 5500rpm

Sean
By Danith
I'm a tad worried about mine now. Phone app says 91db at 75% at stand still.

DC5 mani and cat, silenced cobra 2.5" b pipe with Cobra back box (that spat it's wadding out) and Tegiwa M box.

If a std setup is 93 then what the hell will mine be?!
By cammy92
Major thread resurection here,
Anyway
I have m2 dolphin back box with unsilenced centre pipe and oem cat/manifold its far too loud to even think about taking on track,
Gets complaints from neighbors and things so...
Has anybody tested the Db of the dolphin back box with the silenced m2 centre pipe and a 4-2-1 (tegiwa, japspeed etc) manifold?
Car will finally be ready for some track action soon, if it still wont do i will ither go tegiwa catback, solid fab 3" catback or tdi north 3" catback
Cheers in advance [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By LG87
Interesting thread !

Does anyone have a reading for the DC sport cat back on a standard manifold? wanting to do some track days but a bit worried the DB level will be too high.

Thanks in advance,
By Seany-ads
This is a good thread guys. Ive just got back from action day at combe and ive got std, spoon & spoon and i was recorded at 106 so im in a mega dilemma. Im now on the hunt for a standard back box or is there a quite backbox that will go with a spoon b pipe.. Or has anyone on the forum got and had fitted a 3 inch tdi system or any of the TDI north guys on here got any info? Cheers all
By MrHanky
Just for future reference in case anyone goes a similar setup:

Japspeed Manifold / Spoon B pipe / Spoon N1. Also have TDI ITB's on.

Was black flagged at Blyton last year within 3 laps even laying off the throttle near the sound trap. Was way over the limit.
Javelin track day organizer did a static check and whilst I cannot remember exactly what it was, is was certainly over 112db at 4500 RPM

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]