The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
By LGW
I suppose I am just concerned becasue ABP are meant to know what they are talking about. I had researched it heavily on here (thanks guys) and the RSX (21-506) was what I wanted but they said don't.
By ritzctr
I have the RSX kit and fits fine, just need to drill your own mounting hole. Just order it anyway, thats what i did. £67.50 :shock: for fitting though sounds steep to me.
By LGW
cheers guys :D
By Kei-Racer
Mine is RSX & a friend has Si version slightly smaller bore. RSX version is made for the k20a so better suited than the Si version
By ooin
Gentlement,

Just joined this forum after getting my dearly desired EP!

Just have 2 queries on the AEM CAI:

a. Is the filter a "dry" type or a "wet" type (think K&N)? How does the cleaning work? Just clean, let dry and drive?

b. I notice the CAI is parked in the front left bumper. Where does it draw air from? Does not appear that any aperture will be created for this.

Thanks!
By glendog
Fitted the AEM V2 a couple of weeks back after my new Scorpion back box made no discernable audio impact... I'm pleased to say that the intake has made a difference - especially in the VTEC zone! :twisted:

I'm certainly no car mechanic guru but the AEM V2 was a doddle to fit and only basic tools required. Well worth the money and absolutely no risk of element wetting unlike the CAI - unless I go submarining!

:D
By Eat The Rich
So I guess there's no problems just driving in rain etc (don't mean any 2 foot puddles etc)... just mean the water coming up from a motorway etc won't have any impact on a CAI? :smile:
By AJTT-R
Guys, I've lost my cleaning advice thing that you get with the AEMCAI and I've forgotten everything it said. I've tried searching the forum too!

It's the Dry Flow Filter, and over the winter has been sat in the extension, however now I've got it out again I've noticed it's filthy with dust/debrie so I'm wondering how to clean it?

Thanks for any help!
I have fitted a AEM cold air filter what a joy it is to listen to it when in vtec .Have no problem with water as i have fitted a K+N sock to cone filter as extra precautiony measure .If one takes their time fuel consumption is better than standard but like most type r driver just want to let rip all the time it will use just little extra .If one canes it never going higher than 4th for back roads expect low 20mpg motorway miles high 30mpg bit of thrashing and sensible driving 30ish.But type r 's have to be driven hard enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!
Picked up an AEM V2 today, and ive encountered a problem. The guy I bought it off gave me a kit that was for the Acura RSX-S, saying they have a slightly better flow rate at higher rpm than the CTR kit. As they both use the K20A lump, i gathered that they should be pretty similar. After stripping the old airbox and other redundant components, ive come accross one or two problems.....

1. This is pretty minor, but the silicone sleeve that attatches to the throttle body seems slightly too large, resulting in a tiny pinch in the tube when the jubilee clips are fully tightened, there is no movement on the sleeve when the clips are fully tightened, I was just wondering if anyone eles has encountered this problem? Or did the RSX-S have a different throttle body?

2.The real problem is that the kit seems to be too large, the filter element is rubbing against the gear selector cable housing on top of the gearbox, and the top of the filter is resting on top of a narrow metal fluid pipe. It also seems to be pressing the throttle cable into the sound deadening on the underside of the bonnet, I cant be sure of this but ill investigate further in the morning as it was fitted tonight. I was just wondering if chopping about 10mm off the end of the pipe to give it the neccessary clearance would effect the performance of the unit, as I know they are 'accoustically tuned' with specific pipe lengths and diameters?

I have too admit, the car seems transformed with just this kit, far more eager through the revs and feels like its got a bit more bite lower down the rev range, and the noise when you boot it is awesome, then when VTEC comes out to play........... :twisted:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]