The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
It was the maf, disconnected the battery, left it 10 mins and the warning light has gone, good times.

Car now won't engage 1st, 3rd or 5th gears, bad times! Pipe seems to be in the way of something that effects the gear change by a matter of millimetres and will not budge!!!! wish i'd bought a gruppe m now!!!
Thanks to all who have added to this string, I managed to complete the installation of AEM CAI system this morning without removing the front bumper. :thumbup:

I did make one small error in the installation that was a real pain, but easily solved; After installation I could not get the car in 1st, 3rd or 5th gear, this was due to the CAI pipe blocking movement of the gear shift. To prevent this the CAI pipe must be place forward of the grounding wire on the engine block going to battery -ve terminal.
I have just bought a AEM CAI from Unik Styling.
I have fitted parts to older cars before so think i should be to the challenge of this.
There is a few points would like cleared up if possible...

1. Do you have to drill hole to support this system (down at the filter)
2. How can you knock out 1st 3rd and 5th when fitting this system?
3. How hard is it to remove wheel arch and how large is area to be cut (approx lenght/depth)

I've had a look at this whole thread and its helped me get ready! I'll try make a "how to guide" if i dont get to angry with it :-D
im a little bit worried about the rubber bung though thats on the side of it (as mentioned above with maf sensor)
where the lil sensor fits into the side of the tube

the rubber bung has disappeared thru the hole
seems like its not going to come off, and the senser is stuck on less i pull hard

not sure if to leave it either :o

it was def in the hole properly when i 1st fitted it, but after a shake down drive its gone thru :|
so now looks like -||-|--- where the double parrell lines are the rubber bung on the inside of the tube (single line and the maf is the -- )
worried if i bother moving it, that it will just do it agian :/
Just received this quote from TDI:

Thank you very much for your enquiry.

The prices are:

1 x AEM long ram induction system £152.29

2 x Labour to install £160

Sub total £312.29

Vat £54.65

Total £366.94

Seems a bit excessive to me or people here are really not telling the truth about how hard it is to fit :-D :-D

Anyone else have quotes from around the London area or suggest a place to buy the kit from as the only place I have found that sells them is TDI so far as funkystyling have ceased trading =o( And if they want £160 + tax labour for fitting the kit which is supposedly simple I'm not convinced their a cheap place to buy from either...or am I completely wrong and this is a good deal?

.FxN.
DOES ANY BODY KNWO WHAT THIS COULD BE????

I HAVE AN AEM V2 INDUCTION KIT FITTED TO MY 05 PLATE CTR. WHEN THE REVS ARE ABOUT 3-4RPM THERE IS A RATTLE & IT SOUNDS LIKEIT IS COMIN FROM THE KIT,

ANY IDEAS WHAT IT COULD BE?? :scratch:
TDi-North wrote:
fxn wrote:Just received this quote from TDI:

2 x Labour to install £160

Seems a bit excessive to me or people here are really not telling the truth about how hard it is to fit :-D :-D
:scratch:

It takes 1 hour to fit and at our rates is just under £50 with the recent VAT change.
Now that sounds alot better! Is it different between TDI-North and TDI in Essex as that's what they quoted me =o(
Ok I have a K&N Typhoon Kit, simular to th AEM V2.

Well haven't seen any FAQ's for this...

Well when you first start the engine up and when the engine is still cold, while in neutral the car revs to about 2k revs by itself untill the engine warms up.

Is this normal?
HASNIC wrote:2.Where is the best place to buy an AEM induction kit?

http://www.funkystyling.co.uk/parts/index.php proves to be convenient and are well priced.

System-R
CPL Racing
ABP Motorsport
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to purchase the AEM CAI 21-506 kit. Has anyone purchased one of these recently, and where did you purchase it from?

I've got prices from ABP, TDI, CPL and JDM Performance. Anywhere else I can try?

Thanks!
warrenh32 wrote:

http://www.funkystyling.co.uk/parts/index.php proves to be convenient and are well priced.

System-R
CPL Racing
ABP Motorsport
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to purchase the AEM CAI 21-506 kit. Has anyone purchased one of these recently, and where did you purchase it from?

I've got prices from ABP, TDI, CPL and JDM Performance. Anywhere else I can try?

Thanks!
try unit 8 mate, and if you work yourself upto 50 posts you will get free delivery off them :thumbup:
motty wrote:
warrenh32 wrote:

System-R
CPL Racing
ABP Motorsport
Hi Guys,

Thanks!
try unit 8 mate, and if you work yourself upto 50 posts you will get free delivery off them :thumbup:
I've tried them but it seems that they do not stock the 21-506. Stevie from (Unit-8) seems adamant that the EP3 CTR should use the 21-508 not the 21-506. The information that AEM has given a few board members on here, is otherwise

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
warrenh32 wrote:
motty wrote:
warrenh32 wrote:

System-R
CPL Racing
ABP Motorsport
Hi Guys,

Thanks!
I've tried them but it seems that they do not stock the 21-506. Stevie from (Unit-8) seems adamant that the EP3 CTR should use the 21-508 not the 21-506. The information that AEM has given a few board members on here, is otherwise

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
the one on unit 8s site will fit, i no, ive had it.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]