The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
motty wrote:
warrenh32 wrote:
motty wrote:
warrenh32 wrote:
HASNIC wrote:2.Where is the best place to buy an AEM induction kit?

http://www.funkystyling.co.uk/parts/index.php proves to be convenient and are well priced.

System-R
CPL Racing
ABP Motorsport
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to purchase the AEM CAI 21-506 kit. Has anyone purchased one of these recently, and where did you purchase it from?

I've got prices from ABP, TDI, CPL and JDM Performance. Anywhere else I can try?

Thanks!
try unit 8 mate, and if you work yourself upto 50 posts you will get free delivery off them :thumbup:
I've tried them but it seems that they do not stock the 21-506. Stevie from (Unit-8) seems adamant that the EP3 CTR should use the 21-508 not the 21-506. The information that AEM has given a few board members on here, is otherwise

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
the one on unit 8s site will fit, i no, ive had it.
I believe you that the 21-508 from Unit 8 does fit in the Ep3, as does the 21-506 fit in the EP3. The 21-508 as mentioned in this thread is designed for the Honda Civic Si in USA which has a lower revving 160hp, while the 21-506 is designed for the Acura RSX Type-S which shares the K20A2 lump from the CTR. AEM have said that we should be using the 21-506 since the narrower diameter of the 21-508 is more restrictive. That is why I want to get the 21-506 rather :thumbup:
I fitted an AEM CAI to my CTR last night. I find that the IAT sensor that plugs into the hole where the rubber grommet goes in, is very loose. I fear that this is the cause of my engine light being on. The guys that have this fitted to their cars - how is yours fastened in place? Does it wiggle around? If not, how did you fasten yours, and how can I fasten mine?

I read that if you take fuse 6 out of the ECU that it will reset itself after 30 seconds. I tried this but still getting the engine light coming on :bad-words:

Someone please help :scratch:
By trancehead
warrenh32 wrote:I fitted an AEM CAI to my CTR last night. I find that the IAT sensor that plugs into the hole where the rubber grommet goes in, is very loose. I fear that this is the cause of my engine light being on. The guys that have this fitted to their cars - how is yours fastened in place? Does it wiggle around? If not, how did you fasten yours, and how can I fasten mine?

I read that if you take fuse 6 out of the ECU that it will reset itself after 30 seconds. I tried this but still getting the engine light coming on :bad-words:

Someone please help :scratch:
I used a little bit of silicone mate and it seems to be doing the trick - (fingers crossed only fitted it saturday!)
Tomw88 wrote:Hey Guys, just been making decisions about going for the V1 or the V2, and after reading through all the posts ive decided to go for the V1, just wondering if A) Is this it?, http://www.jdmperformance.co.uk/item_de ... odID=52237 and B) is it a good price?
Cheers
good choose on the v1 mate you will love it, that is the right kit, i ordered mine off http://www.unit-8.co.uk/acatalog/EP3_Co ... _kits.html 2nd one down :thumbup:
motty wrote:
Tomw88 wrote:Hey Guys, just been making decisions about going for the V1 or the V2, and after reading through all the posts ive decided to go for the V1, just wondering if A) Is this it?, http://www.jdmperformance.co.uk/item_de ... odID=52237 and B) is it a good price?
Cheers
good choose on the v1 mate you will love it, that is the right kit, i ordered mine off http://www.unit-8.co.uk/acatalog/EP3_Co ... _kits.html 2nd one down :thumbup:
Just ordered it now :-D you know anywhere i can get a hydroshield from? looked on ebay and all i could find was ones for the v2? are they the same size filter? if so ill just get that one
motty wrote:got mine from tdi north mate :thumbup:
Just installed it all now mate! :-D bit of messing around and i now cant feel my fingers!! But its all worth it!
Just started raining aswell! typical! hope it stops soon so i can go and have some fun :-D
Anyways cheers for the help :thumbup:
my aem cai long ram from funkypower arrived yesterday, so was straight out to fit it this morning!! no probs at all, removed wheel and half of the lining and thats it, 45 mins n the job was done! sounds fantastic!! especially when it hits 6k revvs!!! :-D

only question i ask, in the box i have a plastic surround (looks like a number plate surround but smaller) with aem cai written on it in white, any ideas where its designed to go??!! as the 2 holes dnt seem to line up with anything obvoius!
leeroysw20 wrote: only question i ask, in the box i have a plastic surround (looks like a number plate surround but smaller) with aem cai written on it in white, any ideas where its designed to go??!! as the 2 holes dnt seem to line up with anything obvoius!
don't want to sound like a smart arse but you answered you own question!! :oops: It is a american number plate surround!!!
I just got one fitted to mine by steve of http://www.grinspeed.co.uk and I love it!!! :WOOT :WOOT
By Sizey1980
jvbates wrote:So, with the V2, it wouldn't be a problem if you hit some deep(ish) standing water? Surely it could still suck some water up without needing to be submerged?
Probably not! There's way too much in the way for it too even lick a bit of water!
I have currently got a cai system fitted to my car located behind my wheel arch,
is it better than the modified standard (hondata airbox) with a k&n filter in?

im stuck weather to fit a hondata air box or keep the aem cai system,

also what is the best way to clean the aem air filter as I am unsure if it is a dry filter or an (oil sprayed) filter
what do I need to do?

cheers
zac

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]