The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
By Yates
Hey guys im looking to get back into the ctr scene again and will be looking at picking up a ctr as a daily driver.
I want to set it up for a bit more useable power some will be looking at a k100 map but wanted to know what mods would be worth adding to the list.
My main objective is to keep the car suttle so no load exhausts (my previous ctr had a dc sports 4-2-1 mani and cat back) i was thinking of keeping the stock back box.
I also dont want to spend too much as its just my daily so i was thinking a tegiwa m intake, rcb, de-cat and remap?
What would you guys suggest and what kind of power could i exspect?
My setup is the quietest ive had, ive done the oem backbox thing and it was no quieter than my tegiwa exhaust if anything the tegiwa is quieter cruising as its so smooth sounding. Check my setup in my sig its road legal with a cat and still hit 230bhp
By Yates
godfridge wrote:My setup is the quietest ive had, ive done the oem backbox thing and it was no quieter than my tegiwa exhaust if anything the tegiwa is quieter cruising as its so smooth sounding. Check my setup in my sig its road legal with a cat and still hit 230bhp
Thanks godfridge that sounds good i'll look into that.
Any reason for not using an RBC in your set up? I thought they gave more gains?
I just used the prc as they are cheaper, fit without the need to modify anything and mainly that it retains some mid range that you loose with the rbc apparently.
There are better. The Typhoon is known for making a great noise and is reasonably priced. The Tegiwa M is a copy of the more expensive Gruppe M, and at £350 gives good performance gains aswell as a proper boss VTEC sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]