The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
By eds9332
Guys,

recently bough a K&N Typhoon for my ep3, wanted to experience a more prominent vtec crossover, however I have always been against open cone intakes from the heatsoak problem and experienced this ever so slightly, my main concern was driving back in flooded roads with the thought of water being sucked up.

I have now reverted back to Hondata box with K&N drop in filter, I personally feel this is the better option.

what are other members thoughts?

cheers
Last edited by eds9332 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By akaTheDon
Hey,

I have got the same set up as you but I have done the ep3 air box mod,( just Google it) it basically involves cutting away the plastic in the air box for more air flow, it also makes it sound a little better too!
By wHAmEz
akaTheDon wrote:Hey,

I have got the same set up as you but I have done the ep3 air box mod,( just Google it) it basically involves cutting away the plastic in the air box for more air flow, it also makes it sound a little better too!
that's what he means. Hondata air box mode is exactly that
By akaTheDon
wHAmEz wrote:
akaTheDon wrote:Hey,

that's what he means. Hondata air box mode is exactly that
Oh haha my bad, didn't know it had an actual name.
By wHAmEz
I've been considering doing it my self. I had a long arm cai on my old integra it hated the rain. I wouldn't do it again
By JackEP3Premier
You won't hydrolock from a K&N Typhoon, you'd need to submerge your car in a river!! The Hondata mod is seriously just a waste of time, placebo.
By *nub*
K&n typhoon has proven gains. Heat soak only occurs temporarily when stationary in traffic etc for long periods. Once at speed it's fine. Also there's no hydro lock risk, you just be confusing it with AEM CAI. Put the typhoon back on
By jonezy
You can help your typhoon by using a scuttle scoop such as a fiberworx scoop.
By Leezer
Just had a mooch at the Fibreworx site. A new scoop shall be had for the GM, definitely a better design than the standard!
By jonezy
Yeah a much tidier system

I use mine as a vent tbh

If you were handy with fibreglass you could knock up a enclosed box for your typhoon!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]