The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
By Simple Simon
Hi guys,

So I'm booked in for mapping at Eurospec on the 6th of August. I've got everything I need now and the majority of it is fitted already.
Last things I need to fit are my RBC and new throttle body.

Now, I was planning to fit them both a couple of days beforehand and then drive up to Eurospec (slowly) on the day, I'm about an hour away. I'm more than comfortable on fitting them by myself. I just wanted to know how safe it would be to drive without a map?

The other option is to take it to Eurospec the day before and have them fit them. But after seeing their hourly rates, I'm not too keen paying them that sort of money for a job I can easily do!

What's people's opinions on how safe it is without a map?

Cheers
By baddohc
Do you already have an ECU?
If not, send them your ECU and get it sent back the K100/K-pro fitted and a safe base map put on it to drive there.

You should be ok driving on stock ECU at low revs and part throttle.
By Simple Simon
baddohc wrote:Do you already have an ECU?
If not, send them your ECU and get it sent back the K100/K-pro fitted and a safe base map put on it to drive there.

You should be ok driving on stock ECU at low revs and part throttle.
Nah not got my K100 just yet, was going to consider doing that if I didn't need to use the car as a daily at the minute.

Cheers lads, going to just fit it a day or two before and just take it real easy going up there! Haha
By yella
biggest part is cutting the slam panel correctly. remember theres a loom underneath it and you want clearance as well, not smashed down with a club hammer like some do
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]