The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
By godfridge
Thinking about getting a Tegiwa M , how many of use have one that rattles and knocks? Or is there an easy fix to that?
By Leek20a
All depends how you fit it, most of the time the knocks and rattles are coming directly from the scuttle panel, as long as you put all the clips back securing it you shouldn't have a problem, fitment isn't perfect though and it is hassle, the best one I've had is the ARC box, more mid range and fits perfect if you don't have aircon, otherwise you need to bend one of the brackets
By gatecrasher3
I had an ARC and agree that the fitment is straight forward. I did sell it though in favour of the Tegiwa M simply because of the cold air feed that it offered. It isn't hard to fit and I haven't had any annoying rattles.
By godfridge
Thanks, what about using a car wash where the people wash it for you, with the possibility of a lot of foam and tons of water down the scoop?

I know they have a hole to drain rain water bit what about this situation?
By phil54
I have had 2 scuttle panels fitted with my tegiwa,the first one was fitted by a garage and it did rattle a bit,and was a bit untidy.

So I decided to buy another one along with the scuttle panel insert.

As mentioned above it depends how you fit it and cut your scuttle panel,its a pain to do and you just need to take your time with it.

Finally I am now happy with the fitment and theirs no rattles.

Tegiwa now have instuctions on their website on how to fit the two parts,take a look.

I prefer to hand wash the car myself and would not take it to a car wash,to cut down on scratches.

I normally just push a carrier bag in the scoop to cut down on the water going in and never had any issues,the filter part sits at the top anyway.

I would recommend the scuttle panel insert otherwise you will be left with a gap which does not look very good and you will loose cold air through it as well.

I also purchased stainless steel black coated bolts for the scoop as the other ones had started to rust.

Hope this helps.
By godfridge
I get that its better to wash it myself, I just don't always have the time to. The place I use the guys do a good job buy would be worried about the pressure washer and foam...

Thanks for the input some good info about fitment.

More convinced il get it rattle free now but only concern is getting it washed when it ain't me washing it
By JackEP3Premier
I wash it myself with a power washer and never have any problems. I don't cover the scoop or anything up, i just wash away! The hole at the bottom drains everything out and the bottom of the box is like a big bowl shape and the filter sits up from it. You could literally hold a hose of water down it and it wouldn't get to the filter.
By Danny_J
JackEP3Premier wrote:I wash it myself with a power washer and never have any problems. I don't cover the scoop or anything up, i just wash away! The hole at the bottom drains everything out and the bottom of the box is like a big bowl shape and the filter sits up from it. You could literally hold a hose of water down it and it wouldn't get to the filter.
This! Its shaped to take water away from the filter which is located centrally on the end of the box. All water will drain through sink hole at bottom

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]