The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
Read lots on the Tegiwa intake, and in terms of performance, sound, intake temperatures and looks its awesome.

BUT I have some paranoia related questions.

1. Does the raised vent foul on the bonnet when opening?

2A. Do you need to fit a cover or close the vent in the rain, as have seen this mentioned before?

2B. Hydrolock cannot happen due to drain hole, but surely with heavy rain, and all the rain being forced through the vent at speed rainy air must get forced in and sucked into engine, even small amounts cant be good internally for the K20?

Thanks all.
No, no and no matey.

Ran mine on a Jrsc for years and no issues at all.

To hydrolock you have to get a decent amount of water into the cylinder, no amount of rain droplets that have about as much chance of getting into the cylinder as I do of becoming an astronaut are going hydrolock

It may set on fire though...... ;) lol
burridge1984 wrote:Is moisture rich air from heavy rain bad for the inner working of the engine?
thousands of people use Tegiwa/Gruppe M intake all year round there are no issues with rain or anything else, stop being a feline already lol. HTH
The best thing about this thread - is now Im considering a Tegiwa intake and have dropped the AEM V2 idea.

Tegiwa will have no heatsoak issues, no pulling back of power on hot hot days, and it still sounds awesome!!!
CrouchyM wrote:If you are that paranoid, why don't you buy one and make the drain hole bigger?
Bought one - arrived today!

Not worried about hydrolock as cant get enough water in there for that (drain hole I assume is for if mistake is made when washing car).

My concern was heavy rain going in above bonnet into scoop, especially at speed. But not worried now, lots of EP3's with this set up, and other cars must have intake setups behind grill etc and are fine.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]