The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
By ian canham
Hi there, I'm on my second ep3 ctr after a 4 year absence. So i thought to myself I'm going to do things right this time round with just a few classy mods. First on the list was the tegiwa intake system, because last time i could never justify spending all that money on a gruppe m. The kit turned up today (luckily on my day off) and i was like a little boy at Christmas, couldn't wait to get it open, and of course grabbed my socket set and got to work. Fitting the kit was fairly straight forward but did take longer than i anticipated, i was about to complete the job, connecting the breather hose to the nipple on the airbox when the nipple came off in my hand with half the f****d threads from the plate on the airbox, i was gutted. Tegiwa are going to send me a new base plate but I'm just itching to drive it now. But its just stranded on my drive unable to start. I was considering buying one of those cheep crank case filters from halfrauds just so i can take it for blast to hear the roar I've heard so much about. What do people make of those crank case cone breathers or should i just wait until the proper kit arrives

Also just wondering has anybody else ever come across this problem, to be fair to tegiwa they have been pretty awsome about it, and i can't fault there customer service.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]