The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
By celica
What noise difference would there be throughout the rev range

Is it noticeable from inside the car, windows up?

Any noticeable gains, throttle response differences

Assuming the car is stock otherwise
By jtc
I've got one on my ageing prefacelift. It adds bass to the engine note, that's about it (but I really like it). I wouldn't say there's a huge performance change, if any at all, over a modded standard airbox. I reckon any gains are midrange.
By celica
Any pics?

I wouldn't mind a bit more induction noise and a bit more during vtec

Open cone doesn't entertain me
Teg m/ gruppe m I don't like the scoop on scuttle

So thinking what other options are there, ITG came to mind
By celica
Thanks

Do you find much induction noise over stock box before and during vtec?
I know the more popular choices it makes the crossover to vtec more noticeable in tone
There is more noise. But it's not really a roar like the tegiwa or an open cone set up. Like said previously gives the engine more bass.
I had a modded standard airbox before and there was a noticeable noise difference. Although I had an exhaust system before fitting the ITG and that makes the most noise so the induction noise may of not been that noticeable for me.
By jtc
There's still a noticeable difference in noise at crossover, but nothing compared to a direct opening beneath the windscreen :lol:

If anything, the ITG (as it's a foam filter) gives more of an older motorsport growl to the engine ... compared to the much harsher (and louder) modern paper filter bark/roar.
By celica
Thanks

Appears to be what i want something of a subtle change
A bit more noise in vtec cross over
Nothing too wild in sound

Will keep an eye out for a used item as missed a few as of late
By celica
*nub* wrote:You realise ITG ain't tHat great performance wise right ?
Nope, is it worst than stock
Or should I just go back to a free option and a modded air box / hondata airbox ?

I wanted something with added noise without open cone or gruppe style
Something which makes a bit of noise difference on vtec crossover and a bit more induction lower down the rev range
By *nub*
celica wrote:
*nub* wrote:You realise ITG ain't tHat great performance wise right ?
Nope, is it worst than stock
Or should I just go back to a free option and a modded air box / hondata airbox ?

I wanted something with added noise without open cone or gruppe style
Something which makes a bit of noise difference on vtec crossover and a bit more induction lower down the rev range
I don't think it's worse than stock, don't imagine it's hugely better than hondata airbox lol. wouldn't buy a brand new one for sure, but if you can afford to spend a few hundred or less 2nd hand you may be pleased with the sound it makes as people describe lol, suppose it looks good too... and if you have no plans to max out the performance of your EP3 in the future then you may be happy with this. Why exactly don't you like the scoop on a Tegiwa? Because I can almost guarantee you would be pleased with that purchase, great sound and it would give gains too
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]