The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
By celica
I probably would like the tegiwa m/ gruppe m
Also I've heard people having these with relatively loud exhausts and the intake noise is louder, whilst I'll like to hear the exhaust which is another plan all together

But at the moment would rather not have a protruding scoop at the scuttle

Itg would only be an option if found one second hand

Not chasing power, yet don't want adverse effects
But looking at making subtle intake noise and exhaust without spending loads
By *nub*
celica wrote:I probably would like the tegiwa m/ gruppe m
Also I've heard people having these with relatively loud exhausts and the intake noise is louder, whilst I'll like to hear the exhaust which is another plan all together

But at the moment would rather not have a protruding scoop at the scuttle

Itg would only be an option if found one second hand

Not chasing power, yet don't want adverse effects
But looking at making subtle intake noise and exhaust without spending loads
haha adverse effects? man up you will get no negative affects adding an induction kit and/or cat back alone!

The scoop is hardly protruding, it's like a cm over the bonnet or something! The induction kit does not affect the sound or volume of an exhaust at all AFAIK. Tegiwa may be louder than a full OEM exhaust, which is almost silent but any aftermarket cat back even without a header will be as loud or louder than a Tegiwa M. But unless the exhaust is very loud you won't hear it much unless high rpm etc, especially with the windows closed. You're closer to the engine bay so you'll always hear the Tegiwa especially during cross over but it's quite easy shift the balance and make the exhaust louder or as loud if that's what you want... depends which cat back you get.
Between the ITG and Tegiwa there's probably a 1-2bhp difference in power on a fairly stock set up. The ITG may struggle if you're going for a high spec cammed set up or supercharged.
If you want a decent kit that doesn't rattle like shît on the scuttle or run the risk of hydro locking the engine (AEM CAI) then the ITG isn't a bad choice.
By *nub*
Lewisgame wrote:Between the ITG and Tegiwa there's probably a 1-2bhp difference in power on a fairly stock set up. The ITG may struggle if you're going for a high spec cammed set up or supercharged.
If you want a decent kit that doesn't rattle like shît on the scuttle or run the risk of hydro locking the engine (AEM CAI) then the ITG isn't a bad choice.
perhaps... i'm not exactly sure what the difference is because very few choose ITG when they want full bolt ons and 240+ bhp. You make a valid point if he is not bothered about maxing out bhp. Mine doesn't rattle anymore but this can be a problem as I myself have spent countless hours trying to find the cause of rattling and vibration around the engine bay/scuttle and its Flipping annoying!
By celica
Wullie_trd wrote:I like the look of the itg box itself but the cold air feed hose looks like a total DIY jobbie and cheapens the look of the set up.
That's very true about the cold air feed looking a bit DIY
If you look at the dyno run thread the ITG was pretty good coming a close third with the GM and CAI

For the money it is a good buy

Mugen box was very expensive and didn't offer much over a hondata modified stock box
I've had my itg intake fitted for 2 weeks, they are advertised as giving the best gains pre vtec and got 2 say I noticed a small gain all round but most so at 2-4k which is handy when cruising.

The price new is steep but it's an established brand and don't expect the carbon to be bubbling and lacquer peeling like the teg m does.
godfridge wrote:it's an established brand and don't expect the carbon to be bubbling and lacquer peeling like the teg m does.
:lol:

My previous ctr made 222bhp with one of the most restrictive exhausts (legalis r), ITG and kpro.

Not the worst figure considering no decat mani, inlet mani or bigger throttle body etc. Oh, and no rattles :P
By celica
godfridge wrote:I've had my itg intake fitted for 2 weeks, they are advertised as giving the best gains pre vtec and got 2 say I noticed a small gain all round but most so at 2-4k which is handy when cruising.

The price new is steep but it's an established brand and don't expect the carbon to be bubbling and lacquer peeling like the teg m does.
Nice

I see in your sig you have spoon b pipe and oem back box
What's that like, much noticeable noise change from stock?

Any description on itg noise
By celica
FunkyRemix wrote:
godfridge wrote:it's an established brand and don't expect the carbon to be bubbling and lacquer peeling like the teg m does.
:lol:

My previous ctr made 222bhp with one of the most restrictive exhausts (legalis r), ITG and kpro.

Not the worst figure considering no decat mani, inlet mani or bigger throttle body etc. Oh, and no rattles :P

Sounds like a nice combo
celica wrote:
godfridge wrote:I've had my itg intake fitted for 2 weeks, they are advertised as giving the best gains pre vtec and got 2 say I noticed a small gain all round but most so at 2-4k which is handy when cruising.

Nice

I see in your sig you have spoon b pipe and oem back box
What's that like, much noticeable noise change from stock?

Any description on itg noise
Never had a fully stock exhaust to compare but it was really quiet. I say was because I have not updated my Sig. It will be for sale once I get pics!

Itg noise is nice, I used to like teg m but the older I'm getting the more chavy they sound. Itg is deeper than stock but not loud atall. Vtec change over is there but not like the teg m changeover it's more subtle. Nice and quiet and no rattles and it won't look like sh!t after a few years

Seen a few dyno with itg showing nice power gain at 3.5k . Makes 6th gear cruising good
Lewisgame wrote:They're not popular for a few reasons. I don't think may people actually know about them. They don't look JDM y0 and the price of them brand new is pretty steep. More expensive than the tegiwa.
Lewis the ITG was well know on this fourm matey, well maybe a good few years ago. I can remember thinking about one before getting a TM for my old EP3 but that was way back in 08/09 :lol:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]