The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
By ebyEP3
Right guys

Anybody had any experience with which kit gives better gains on the dyno along side all the usual mods ie 421 mani with decat, RBC, K100, spoon N1 back box, 2.25" custom silenced bpipe, I made 237bhp with the tegiwa M and the other mods listed above, will I still get this bhp with the AEM CAI instead? And will the map need a tweak with the change?

The main reason for changing intake is I'm fed up of the rattle on the scuttle panel, I've sorted the rattle lots of times over the years it's been on the car and it always comes back! + the lacker comes off the scoop every few months
By J1mbo
I asked this a little while back. A knowledgable guy replied saying outright power the bhp difference is next to nothing the only gains are the fact it dosnt suffer with heat soak whilst in traffic.
I have an aem v2 on mine and can't say I notice much heat soak effects.
By R'ash
^ an AEM cai won't suffer heatsoak either it's the one that sits in the wheel arch not the one in the bay (v2) which you may be thinking of?
By J1mbo
Sorry yes I have the v2 but still don't feel any effects after sitting in traffic, it takes such a small amount of time once ,oping for that air to cool in the bay I think it must be minimal.
By *nub*
ebyEP3 wrote:Right guys

Anybody had any experience with which kit gives better gains on the dyno along side all the usual mods ie 421 mani with decat, RBC, K100, spoon N1 back box, 2.25" custom silenced bpipe, I made 237bhp with the tegiwa M and the other mods listed above, will I still get this bhp with the AEM CAI instead? And will the map need a tweak with the change?

The main reason for changing intake is I'm fed up of the rattle on the scuttle panel, I've sorted the rattle lots of times over the years it's been on the car and it always comes back! + the lacker comes off the scoop every few months
I had a rattle for years and turned out to be the ashtray lol and I wanted to get rid of my Tegiwa M and buy a J's induction just because of that so I know how you feel!

AEM CAI (not AEM V2) and Tegiwa M are regarded as being pretty identical IMO in terms of gains. However generally Injen CAI seems to achieve a few bhp more than both of these as I think it's either 70mm or 76mm diameter. On high spec NA/charged builds and especially in the US everyone is using the biggest diameter possible for max air volume which will result in more power... I know some FN2s have 90mm intakes.

Your 2.25" b pipe will be somewhat restrictive and you didn't specify which 421 you're using, or which tuner/dyno did the remapping, these are other contributing factors as 237bhp would be low for TDi north but about right for CPL racing.

when you look at dyno comparisons between induction kits that are differen't but similar in terms of gains etc you'll see they do generally run quite linear and parallel with eachother but vary slightly at different rpm due to the design, resonance, air flow etc. in some areas of the dyno plot one may out perform the other and vise versa and where one produce more airflow, more fuel can be added to produce more power. So if you've already mapped to the Tegiwa M your tuner should have mapped a smooth power curve based on this. If you switch to AEM CAI or something else I'd expect the power delivery may not be as smooth, although chances are these variances may be so insignificant that you don't even feel any difference at all. basically a tweak isn't absolutely necessary
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]