The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
By Ep3 swampy
Hi guys and girls. Any tell me why after fitting my new ebay induction im getting eml??
Car runs fine and vtec engages perfectly. Ive connected everything up again but cant work out why im getting it.
I assuming its the AIT sensor but how does everyone else not have this issue and im getting it???
Its a 54 FL.
By JackEP3Premier
All your sensors are connected again by the looks of it? I really don't know! Switch back to the standard box and see if that puts it out!
By davey j
Get an OBII Port reader on it and scan the codes. It'll pinpoint the fault and minimise the guesswork. You can get a hand held off ebay for £35-40 or an iphone compatible one for £15-20.

Worthwhile investment.
By eggcatcher
Eml is common with ebay kits on most cars. Filter is crap, intake dimensions are completely wrong, giving completely wrong air/fuel mix. Combine that with the heatsoak from having an open cone next to a hot engine, add more heatsoak as the filter frame is metal and will be hot to touch, this crap will be loosing a chunk of power.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]