The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
Im also curious to know if you had a decent cat-back, header and RBC but with Hondata modded airbox what sort of power could be made.
By t-one234
cammy92 wrote:Nobody ever had a car with k100/kpro, rbc, 4-2-1 etc and the oem airbox?
on a serious note, how could it not be a decent airbox?

de-restricted/hondata'd airbox would provide heat sheilded airbox.

my plan is to fit my foglight duct bought from cosmic mark i think. cold airfeed direct into the oem airbox that i plan to fit a cosworth filter and obviously de restrict it.

no heat soak from an aem and no knocks and bangs from a teg/gruppe m
By eatthis
Superman001 wrote:Im also curious to know if you had a decent cat-back, header and RBC but with Hondata modded airbox what sort of power could be made.
>lambo
<3mps
t-one234 wrote:
cammy92 wrote:Nobody ever had a car with k100/kpro, rbc, 4-2-1 etc and the oem airbox?

my plan is to fit my foglight duct bought from cosmic mark i think. cold airfeed direct into the oem airbox that i plan to fit a cosworth filter and obviously de restrict it.

People are probably worried that a cat-back, header, rbc plus hondata airbox might produce the same power as a teg m/gruppe m therefore they have wasted 300-600 [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By mickdj
Superman001 wrote:
t-one234 wrote:

People are probably worried that a cat-back, header, rbc plus hondata airbox might produce the same power as a teg m/gruppe m therefore they have wasted 300-600 [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

with it being an na car its harder to get the bhp`s i made 236bhp with my list of mods from what iv seen people using an rbc and full cat back wich would of cost me an extra £350 plus i probably would of made the 245 mark so for me it wasnt worth spending that extra for little gain being just a daily car how ever i would expect comparing the graphs the car with all the goodies on would be making more power across the whole range , and with you ducted and de restricted oem box may make the same gains you`ve got no intake raw waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm its like having a scoob and leaving the oem exhaust on whats the point :samuri: :samuri: :beer:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]