The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
Ok so I have been looking at a perfect fitting air ram duct for the fog cap cover on the front bumper of the type r.

My search has been fruitless so far however I have been in contact with a guy who runs a composite company who would be willing if there's a market to make a batch of ready to fit Oval ducts exact size to the fog cap. Obviously have widest possible flange at the back to run as big a hose as possible for cold air feed.

He asked me to gauge some interest wondered if people would be interested at all.

Cheers Quinny
Last edited by cosmicmarc on Thu May 12, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Be interested to see a prototype of what you have in mind. I am going to have an injen fitted, Id like to block that area off from water and have a feed without drilling the bumper if possible, so something like this is what im after.
I'm sending my caps off Monday for the guy to get the tooling and moulding done. He is very interested in doing quite a few and wanted to know if any of the track based cars were interested as he is going to do moulds for left and right.

The stuff he makes is good from what I have seen on his webpage. He has done some stuff on smart cars already.
cosmicmarc wrote:I'm sending my caps off Monday for the guy to get the tooling and moulding done. He is very interested in doing quite a few and wanted to know if any of the track based cars were interested as he is going to do moulds for left and right.

The stuff he makes is good from what I have seen on his webpage. He has done some stuff on smart cars already.
Interested for both left and right, but would like to see a prototype first.

The last track day I did the brakes got so hot that they bubbled the paint on both front alloys. :oops:
Dixy1987 wrote:
cosmicmarc wrote:I'm sending my caps off Monday for the guy to get the tooling and moulding done. He is very interested in doing quite a few and wanted to know if any of the track based cars were interested as he is going to do moulds for left and right.

Interested for both left and right, but would like to see a prototype first.

The last track day I did the brakes got so hot that they bubbled the paint on both front alloys. :oops:

Think I'm looking like the tester along with my mate who wants 2 for running cold air feeds to his brakes, as he is into track days. Looking at his products I feel the finished article should be good, obviously need to get mine done then show you guys from there.
cosmicmarc wrote:
Rick_ wrote:I'd be interested depending on what size it was and the price.

Possibly £25 a duct and it would be exact size of fog cap I asked him that the flange on the back is a big as possible so good size hose can be jubilee clipped on the back.
£25 would probably be the most I'd spend on one. I'm wanting it to run an air feed up to the air feed on my ITG so the bigger the better for the hose that connects to it.
Had more chat with Andy

He has said if interest continues like this he thinks he can do £20 for one and make both left and right ducts. He has asked me to see if anyone local to Berkshire would be willing to go visit him so he can see the bumper as well use my fog caps for moulding and tooling.

He is willing to make more as feel there could be a market for track based cars aswell as road cars. He now understands the market mainly aimed towards facelift owners but I think he can make anything even one offs.

Any more questions and that please fire them through and I'll be contact.
This duct will be an exact fit of the facelift fog cap, the idea is it will look a perfect fit and looking at options of materials like fibre glass plastic or carbon. Think going to do one in plastic then it can be sprayed to colour choice or left black.

Andy has also said if owners have any other sort of ideas for ducts scoops etc let me know so I can give him ideas.
An update from andy

He can do fibreglass which of doing small amounts is the preferred route to keep cost down.

If doing around 20 he thinks he can do in vacuum formed ABS Or carbon fx abs

The small runs fibreglass is going to be cheaper if demand is there ill see a price on carbon.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]