The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
cosmicmarc wrote:eBay dead easy to find, there is a company in Dewsbury who sell loads of sizes where I got mine from in the original pictures
Cheers mate, what route did you take with the CAF pipe to the filter?
ShaunCTR wrote:
cosmicmarc wrote:eBay dead easy to find, there is a company in Dewsbury who sell loads of sizes where I got mine from in the original pictures
Cheers mate, what route did you take with the CAF pipe to the filter?

I think it's on the pictures on this thread if not just view my other thread in the air induction section mate I explained it all in there
Fitted mine today...

Quick review.
Bit of a pain to fit. Did it on the drive way. Jacked the car up and took the near side wheel and arch liner off. front splitter and undershield. Everything was going well. Bonded the duct on with some silicone sealant. Seemed to be held in place well. Connected the ducting and it popped off. Quite a tight curve to gain clearance once fitted. The jubilee clip I was using just wouldn't go tight enough. I also noticed the pipe had a coating on and with the duct being smooth it was slipping off. Abit of sanding paper and all was well.

All in all the fit is pretty good. 9/10. The finish off the product 9/10. on the back of the duct i notice there was a 3mm lip which is going to hinder air flow some what. 20minuets with a stanley knife and it was sorted. Some slight gaps either side when fitted (bit nothing major). Looks very standard looking so a good bonus. I only went for the one vent. I've ran the pipe up to the side of the battery directly to the pick up on my ITG.

Not road tested yet due to weather but I'm confident that its going to work.

All in all great bit of kit. Weather you buy it direct or via email it's packaged we'll. came very quick. Blar blar.

As a little tip I would recommend getting 70mm ducting a metre long. Some double sided tape in case you need to take your splitter off and a couple of cable ties to secure the pipe once fitted.

Thanks.
Cosmic_Chi wrote:Quick question. My mate got a pair of these and without cutting out the foglight light panel, is there a difference in a right/left sided one for fitment? Or are would they be both be the same
These will be different mate as they were specifically moulded for each side so they would fit perfect like an almost oem fit
cosmicmarc wrote:
Cosmic_Chi wrote:Quick question. My mate got a pair of these and without cutting out the foglight light panel, is there a difference in a right/left sided one for fitment? Or are would they be both be the same
These will be different mate as they were specifically moulded for each side so they would fit perfect like an almost oem fit
Ok, having tried fit, im abit confused as the one thats supposed to be on the passenger side, the inner end bends to the right? would have been good to have had them marked up L and R. It don't help cause im crap at doing stuff like this :lol:

Could someone do an overhead shot of L and R to show me the direction of the funnel for the passenger side, that would clear everything up.
Cosmic_Chi wrote:
cosmicmarc wrote:
Ok, having tried fit, im abit confused as the one thats supposed to be on the passenger side, the inner end bends to the right? would have been good to have had them marked up L and R. It don't help cause im crap at doing stuff like this :lol:

Could someone do an overhead shot of L and R to show me the direction of the funnel for the passenger side, that would clear everything up.

If you look through my progress thread there's a picture of when we fitted both ducts on to my friends splitter
Had an email from Andy today, appears two people enquired if single ducts were available to buy he replied yes and the people have not bothered to get back in touch.

So single ducts are available and as far as I'm aware are now on eBay or you can contact Andy direct for an order

Cheers Quinny
eddiefrancis wrote:These look awesome! And chance they could be sprayed in a Milano red? Or left primered so I could paint them? Also has anyone tried fitting a one up to the oem air box? Cheers

You can spray them yeah get the plain black mate should be fine.
Just to note there is more stock up on eBay please check the for slae section thread I have please also take time to have a read through both threads, there is feedback and also my own guide to how I fitted thee ducts and ran pipe etc.

Selling very well and really glad they are been appreciated
Finally got round to fitting mine,or not as the case should be.tried attaching with a bodykit securing compound but to no joy then tried some double sided tape which I thought had worked until I checked this morning and they were half hanging off :bad-words:
Iv ordered some waterproof heavy duty double sided tape which I'm hoping will do the job.
What have other people used and have they actually stayed on, I think they need screwing somehow but there ain't alot to screw to.
shaRRpy wrote:Finally got round to fitting mine,or not as the case should be.tried attaching with a bodykit securing compound but to no joy then tried some double sided tape which I thought had worked until I checked this morning and they were half hanging off :bad-words:
Iv ordered some waterproof heavy duty double sided tape which I'm hoping will do the job.
What have other people used and have they actually stayed on, I think they need screwing somehow but there ain't alot to screw to.

I used the heavy duty no nails tape and also a heavy duty gaffer tape for behind. There is not much room to play with behind especially if like me running a CAF pipe to the right up to the battery.

Mines held in for months now
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]