The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
Donkey Spadger wrote:Hi Guys,

I just thought I would do a quick write up on this product in case there is anybody else thinking of going for these ducts.

I received my carbon FX air ducts yesterday and the finish of them is fantastic!! They look really professionally made and finish the car off nicely. I didn't have fog lights but I did have the plastic grille inserts. However, the passenger side got dislodged by a stone and when I spoke to Honda about a replacement, they said you can't buy replacement inserts and I would have to replace the entire front lower splitter!!! :bad-words: They quoted me about £320 to essentially replace a little piece of plastic!! :roflmao:

I am also a huge fan of K&N induction kits. I have always used them and hate the bad rep they get because a few people suffer from heat soak when sat in traffic! But I'm not going into that now. These air feed ducts provide a convenient and stylish way to improve open cone induction kits... and a cheaper way of replacing the missing plastic grille than what Honda offered!

Finally, the service Andy from Westgate Composites provided was fantastic. He emailed me when they were dispatched and sent them 1st class recorded delivery. I would fully recommend these to anyone thinking of running a cold air feed to their engine bay.

And thanks to Marc for getting this set up!

Ash

Cheers bud glad you like em
cosmicmarc wrote:
Donkey Spadger wrote:Hi Guys,

I just thought I would do a quick write up on this product in case there is anybody else thinking of going for these ducts.

I received my carbon FX air ducts yesterday and the finish of them is fantastic!! They look really professionally made and finish the car off nicely. I didn't have fog lights but I did have the plastic grille inserts. However, the passenger side got dislodged by a stone and when I spoke to Honda about a replacement, they said you can't buy replacement inserts and I would have to replace the entire front lower splitter!!! :bad-words: They quoted me about £320 to essentially replace a little piece of plastic!! :roflmao:

I am also a huge fan of K&N induction kits. I have always used them and hate the bad rep they get because a few people suffer from heat soak when sat in traffic! But I'm not going into that now. These air feed ducts provide a convenient and stylish way to improve open cone induction kits... and a cheaper way of replacing the missing plastic grille than what Honda offered!

Finally, the service Andy from Westgate Composites provided was fantastic. He emailed me when they were dispatched and sent them 1st class recorded delivery. I would fully recommend these to anyone thinking of running a cold air feed to their engine bay.

And thanks to Marc for getting this set up!

Ash

Cheers bud glad you like em
[smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Don't buy the copies buy from westgate composites this Is the man I came up with the original idea with and he is small independent business and a very nice man too, willing to develop new things given time etc

Cheers Quinny

eBay civic ducts seller westgatecomposites
Had an email today from Andy saying someone have him very bad feedback on eBay for fitment of the ducts !!!!! I'm lost with that one as Andy got te shape and fitment directly off a facelift splitter whic I provided him.

I've not seen one bad review on here and my mate tesla me at most shows/meets he has seen loads of people with them now on the civics. The idea and design caught on so much so that I myself had a company asking to broker a deal for them to distribute and now some companies have directly copied the product.

All I can say is this product is very well made fits well and service and communication from Andy is top he is a really good guy, I know I've said it before but he emailed me a bit worried that maybe some foul play about damaging his reputation and damaging future business.

The guy slagging off is Ben Gilbert I'm not sure if he is on this forum he is also Gilbert Motorsport. I'm not looking for a forum war or keyboard warrior wars, basically would like to know peoples options on fitment and if this guy can justify what is actually wrong as Andy would have been more than happy to help.

Andy actually offered a free replacement

Here is part of the email I received from Andy

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]