The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
By yella
NPyke wrote:Not worth it's own topic... On a wim I know, anyone able to find the IAT rubber grommets online?! I'm struggling big time!

search "donut grommet" on ebay, loads of different ones, every hme should have a bag of assorted grommets and donut grommets
By GazEP3
yella wrote:
GazEP3 wrote:
The verdict: Stick with the standard airbox if you like performance, if you wish to improve on it try the likes of the Hondata airbox mod. All an open cone filter and a big length of metal pipe is going to gain you is noise!! Lots and lots of noise!!! A chav in a shed is not going to beat Mr Honda and his massive R&D team [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Wrong! especially the last bit as some of those chavs are talented buggers
Most of those 'chavs' can't even spell chav let alone their own name :scratch:
By octivich
cosmicmarc » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:10 am wrote:
NHB_EP3_Chris wrote:
samaj wrote:Just did my awap from AEM V2 to Stock airbox with the Hondata mod + K&N filter.
Amazing difference..........revs faster & much smoother overall. Great mod for almost nothing.
I've been thinking about reverting to this setup, but having never owned the standard airbox I'm unsure if it will be an improvement or not to be honest. I know everyone has their own views but I love the sound of an open cone on VTEC. It's just a shame its so bloody difficult to get an effective cold air feed to them without cutting big holes in the bodywork.

Check my thread mate in this topic forum, if you have a facelift by anychance I have had made fog light fit cold air feed ducts
what size pannel filter do you fit? or did you stick with a standard filter?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]