The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...

I am just about to post a new topic

Whoa, whoa whoa, hold your horses. Back away from the keyboard for a few seconds.

There are a finite number of induction kits on the market for the EP3, the FN2 and the FD2.

This means, in all likelihood, that the thread you are about to start and the questions you are about to ask have been asked and answered before many many many times.

Ok, so where do I start?

Well the first thing to do is to kick back, relax, grab a cup of tea and start reading. Yes, that's right, do your own research. If you have to ask what induction kit to buy, or which is the cheapest, or the most powerful, or which one is the best or the loudest, then you should LURK MORE and make your own mind up.

How do I LURK MORE?

There are 2 main ways.

1) The first is to start with the sticky FAQ's at the top of the page. These are the most commonly asked questions on the most popular induction kits available.

2) The second is to browse the various pages. There are currently 2823 individual topics, 28855 posts and 57 pages of people asking the same questions you are about to ask in this very forum section. You can browse the various pages by using either the top or the bottom list of pages, thus:

Look where the arrows are pointing. Yeah, those are pages. All 57 pages have lots of threads on.

Hang on, I need an answer yesterday, I don't have time for this!

We have a solution for this!. It's what we forum regulars call "the search function". Yeah you've probably heard of it. But your question is too important to type into a search box, or perhaps you just don't know how to use it. Well I'm going show you both methods anyway.

1). This is what we call the quick search.

Just type your search term and click search. For example here, I have searched on the term: GruppeM (a popular induction kit)

Ooh look, loads of results, and the search term is highlighted in red!

But wait a second, it gets better than that! Lets say I want to narrow down my search to display posts about cleaning GruppeM. Well that works too!

Amazing! In just a few seconds, I have reduced 1883 results down to 17!

Wow, evilowl that's incredible. Do you have any other search tips?

Well it's funny you should ask, because yes, I do. It's what we forum regulars call the "advanced search". You can see the link in the top right hand corner of your screen and it's on every single page

Lets say, for example, I wanted information on the GruppeM cowl. So we type it into the search box:

This is where the magic happens. First, from the drop down menu select the sub section of the forum you want to search in. Hint: choose the Air Induction bit

Then below that, select to display results as topics and click search

OMGZWTFBBQ look what has happened! Amazing no? 5 results and look they are in topic form. Hurray for evilowl!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]