The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
david_s_fox wrote:Is the Gruppe M generic across the CTR range - ie FN2 and FD2?

Thanks.
this model no - but they've development similar models to fit the fn2 - not sure about the fd2 yet, unit-8 iss selling them i think :wink:

also ive got my gruppe m installed, couple of problems.

1. the rubber seal around m lip keeps coming off - any suggestions to make it stay on there better,
2. also ive attached my m with the bracket and bent it to shape so it stays in place at the pipe connection. Anyway to stop the head moving as much.(suggested bracket)

see pic
MugenSeiki wrote:
Devilfox wrote:
david_s_fox wrote: 1. the rubber seal around m lip keeps coming off - any suggestions to make it stay on there better,
Superglue mate
so simple :bad-words: - wish i was as smart as you :sad: - any suggestions on the bracket?
Thanks Devilfox, just compiling a list of potential parts for the FN2 or FD2! Had a Gruppe M on my DC5, never fitted very well on that, and the rubber seal on mine was loose as well! To be honest, as MugenSeiki wrote, superglue is a viable option, or some similar adhesive. There not the best fitting kit as I recall, but an incredible sound, so it was worth it for the VTEC howl!
i read the appropriate link in mugenlad's first post, but still kinda non the wiser.....
every time i open my bonnet now after driving, my gruppeM is sitting like this (see pic below)
am i supposed to double side the top of the air box to the scuttle, it never mentioned it in the instructions?

no its not forcing it as such, however when the airbox is placed where it should be the bolt from the bracket/heatshield rubs against the airbox. Therefore i had to cover the bolt with abit of the supplied sponge tape, and put abit on the air box also, to try and save it from abit of damage.
Mr Max wrote:no its not forcing it as such, however when the airbox is placed where it should be the bolt from the bracket/heatshield rubs against the airbox. Therefore i had to cover the bolt with abit of the supplied sponge tape, and put abit on the air box also, to try and save it from abit of damage.
i had to mod the bracket to fit mine, just bend it into the correct position with a vice :-D , mine fits perfect (after a tiny mod) :wink:

its not forcing, imo its when you give it some and the engine jumps back and forth allowing the gruppe m to slide out of the scuttle position!
tightened the connections as mugenseiki suggested, but also doublesided taped the top of the airbox to the scuttle withsome d'sided tape i had here. seems to have done the trick. also bend the heatshield/bracket away from the airbox, so all's good again :cool:
Mr Max wrote:tightened the connections as mugenseiki suggested, but also doublesided taped the top of the airbox to the scuttle withsome d'sided tape i had here. seems to have done the trick. also bend the heatshield/bracket away from the airbox, so all's good again :cool:
looking forward to fitting mine........all these technical fixes i'll have to remember! :lol:
dandemoraliser wrote:
Mr Max wrote:tightened the connections as mugenseiki suggested, but also doublesided taped the top of the airbox to the scuttle withsome d'sided tape i had here. seems to have done the trick. also bend the heatshield/bracket away from the airbox, so all's good again :cool:
looking forward to fitting mine........all these technical fixes i'll have to remember! :lol:
still not fitted yours, youve had it for a week or two have you not?
djgraham20354 wrote:
dandemoraliser wrote:
still not fitted yours, youve had it for a week or two have you not?
nah prob a month........ :oops:

-bought a new scuttle from dealer........(wanna keep mine) need to get that sent off for modding
-Want/Need induction hose

Then the phone call to insurer...... :roll:
out of interest does anyone know the sequence for delivery when tracking it through the EMS site? At the moment mine is:

Aug 27
2:44 Dispatch from outward office of exchange TOKYO INTERNATIONAL Branch Tokyo metropolis
138-8799

Dont know how many more steps there are.... im so impatient!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]