The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
Having looked through the thread about engine bays: http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/view ... 89&start=0 I've seen a couple of pictures of people with the "rubber weather strip" uncut, leaving it running across their Gruppe M like this:

I've done the same so I didn't have to cut it (easier when putting it back to standard). My question is, do you think the rubber strip will rub on the airbox and damage it? I know the airbox moves slightly under load and I don't want to bugger it up.

Thanks
Hi guys,
Just read through the thread and theres no mention about telling if one in genuine or not?
I think im about to purchase one second hand and am waiting on pictures, how can I tell if its the real deal?
Also, I see some kits have GruppeM on it and others just have M's? Whys this?
Any info will be much appreciated, thanks!!!
kis wrote:Hi guys,
Just read through the thread and theres no mention about telling if one in genuine or not?
I think im about to purchase one second hand and am waiting on pictures, how can I tell if its the real deal?
Also, I see some kits have GruppeM on it and others just have M's? Whys this?
Any info will be much appreciated, thanks!!!
The only fake one I have seen is like this

So if it looks like all the others on here then it's real, also the little plaque shows it's real. No main reason why some say Gruppe M and other M's. It's not like there was a new version made or anything.

Are you buying the 2nd hand one off here?
Hi guys,

Just bought a gruppe M :D well happy. I was going to wait till the weekend to fit it but I'm very impatient and I want to do it tonight after work. Is there any step by step guides on here? Or could someone run me through it? Not very mechanically minded that all :D

Cheers

:thumbup:
jameso89 wrote:Hi guys,

Just bought a gruppe M :D well happy. I was going to wait till the weekend to fit it but I'm very impatient and I want to do it tonight after work. Is there any step by step guides on here? Or could someone run me through it? Not very mechanically minded that all :D

Cheers

:thumbup:
did you miss the fuck off great big fitting guide threadlink on page 1?
I have just recieved my gruppe m today, After ordering 2weeks ago. I ordered from jay at xposed.com did me a good deal shame got stung at customs though but still bit cheaper than some suppliers and a lot cheaper than others!!! HAPPY DAYS :thumbup: Got my full dc system put on the other week too and wow thats loud just waiting to get mapped n if can afford it rbc. Will get some pics up when get chance baby on way too!!! :WOOT
NFS102 wrote:Morning All,

What sort of price are people paying for these brand new now then?

TDi North seem to sell them for £448. Obviously not fitted I assume.

Anyone know any good companies near Brighton on the South Coast that will sell/fit them?

Thank you
£448 has to be incorrect. more like £600+
so basically the gruppe m is the best cai mod for a ep3 ? but as above the two guys have said what gains can you get without a kpro ? im only 18 and only want to get a cai or air filter and just an exhaust this year .. then when i get money next year ill start throwing on the rbc , 4-2-1 manifold and a kpro ? would i be better waiting till then and buying a aem v2 for the mean time to use with the exhaust ?

Chris

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]