The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
Yeah he told me the becasue Spoon Europe has gone bust, they have to get the parts from Japan, therefore making them mental prices because of the £ vs Yen. N1's they struggle to get, and your looking at around £700 for B-pipe and back box! Looking at going with the AEM Long Ram (maybe ITG, no sure) and a DC Sports Cat Back exhaust.
Mr Max wrote:when i was tightening it though it was starting to make noises, so didnt want to over tighten it
Just fitted my Gruppe M. Every time I open the bonnet the head of the gruppe m is sitting on the p1ss as previous mentioned. Mines not as bad as that photo but it still annoys me. Is it ok to keep tightening the hose clip, sounds dodgy as I tighten it, I dont want to over tighten it or worse crack the gruppe m...
Im using the OEM hose. I will have another look at it on the weekend.

Also I've noticed from photos posted on here that my Gruppe M seems to sit quite low from the scoop. Not sure who is doing it right. Any ideas? See photos below for better understanding.

Sits high close to scoop, almost flush with scuttle (probably the correct way):

Mine seems to sit lower like this:
:idea:
It looks fine to me mate, aslong as its not dropped into the engine bay. The scoop is designed to scoop the air in so either the system being hi or a bit low wont really matter it'll still get a good air flow to the filter. Best thing to do is fiddle about with it, Ive put alot of little bits here and there to make the system fit more secure and stop rattleing and banging.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]