The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
Seiki wrote:It's all about padding and bracing tbh, some people made a hole and ziptied it down. I used Sikaflex, not moving after that. But it meant I had to replace the scuttle when I sold it.

Are you using the provided one or have you modded OEM?
Modded OEM one....think it needs to be filled and painted in that hole that is there after cutting it out, I was considering a small bolt to go through instead of the pop clip.....or glue it down as you have done... :scratch:
pettman wrote:
Seiki wrote:It's all about padding and bracing tbh, some people made a hole and ziptied it down. I used Sikaflex, not moving after that. But it meant I had to replace the scuttle when I sold it.

Are you using the provided one or have you modded OEM?
Modded OEM one....think it needs to be filled and painted in that hole that is there after cutting it out, I was considering a small bolt to go through instead of the pop clip.....or glue it down as you have done... :scratch:

DOH

Just was having a look at the scuttle and was wondering why towards the right side (nearest the passenger wing) was so loose....i then looked and realised there is like a clip that slides under the metal and holds it in place :oops:

So will give her a test run in a bit and see if that has cured it!
Hi. just the quick one. I have the GM intake on FN2 and one of the plastic pins what holding the under bonnet part in place came out and now its all kind of loose and rattle in vtec also car is not pulling as well as it used to. i have looked in udertray but its not there either. Just wondered if I can buy them somewhere individual.

Thanks Josef
It sounds like you bought half a system man, where from and how much did you spend?

You need the braces to hold it steady, I doubt anyones selling just parts of the GM so might have to fashion your own. Spacers are what usually hold the air box up so maybe make a couple of those too.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]