The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Let it breathe...
Hi all gruppe M / tegiwa M users.
Thinking about getting one of the above to replace my itg.
Just wondering what you guys do when it's snowing, because obviously I went to my car this morning and it was completely covered. If I would have had the scoop on it would be submerged in the snow? Do you just clear it and hope it doesn't suck any in while on the move?
Cheers!
Hello. Ive recently noticed that my car has been hissing at around 3500rpm, personally I think it is an exhaust leek. However to rule out an air leak on the intake side. When I checked this the gruppe m adapter plate ( the individual part which the intake pipe straps on to) was loose from the rest of the system. I took the gruppe m out undid the large strap and took the cone filter out to find that a nut that was there to secure the adaptor plate the the filter body was resting in side the filter... It had clearly come loose over he years I have had it installed. It was put on tightly evidenced by the mark on the back of the filter body in the paint where it was tightened against. I was shocked by this and was nervous to just put I back together in case this happens again. To remedy this I turned the bolts the other way so that the bolt heads and the spring washers are on the inside which should mnimsise the risk of this happening again. Maybe this is the way it is supposed to be assembled...? Not sure. Should say when I bought it second hand it was pre assembled. Please check yours In case yours has been put together like this.... I should have taken more care when I got mine but I just wanted to bolt it on... Disaster averted
mc36155 wrote:Hello. Ive recently noticed that my car has been hissing at around 3500rpm, personally I think it is an exhaust leek. However to rule out an air leak on the intake side. When I checked this the gruppe m adapter plate ( the individual part which the intake pipe straps on to) was loose from the rest of the system. I took the gruppe m out undid the large strap and took the cone filter out to find that a nut that was there to secure the adaptor plate the the filter body was resting in side the filter... It had clearly come loose over he years I have had it installed. It was put on tightly evidenced by the mark on the back of the filter body in the paint where it was tightened against. I was shocked by this and was nervous to just put I back together in case this happens again. To remedy this I turned the bolts the other way so that the bolt heads and the spring washers are on the inside which should mnimsise the risk of this happening again. Maybe this is the way it is supposed to be assembled...? Not sure. Should say when I bought it second hand it was pre assembled. Please check yours In case yours has been put together like this.... I should have taken more care when I got mine but I just wanted to bolt it on... Disaster averted
Awesome, thanks. i have the same problem on my car, i'll check that tomorrow!
Hi guys fitted a teg kit to my ctr today, bought the kit second hand and it came with no heatshield or bracket to hold the intake in place, so at the minute its only held in place by velcro on the scuttle panel and by the connection to the intake pipe. Not sure if this is going to be sufficient to hold it in place, where can i buy a bracket to hold it in place?

Also how much of the scoop do most people need to cut off in order to be able to close the bonnet? As mine fouls the bonnet by quite a bit.

Any help would be much appreciated, cheers guys!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]