The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those round things that you roll on...
Know its probably a bit late of me to put this on here Shaun but i had my alloys repaired about 9months ago by Chipsaway. All went well up to booking a date to get the job done but thats where the good news ends.

Unlike the guy above my main issue with them is that the paint mix wasnt the same even after being told they had the exact paint code to do the job. I had 3 of my alloys done and until i got the job redone properly many of my friends and work colleagues commented they saw a noticeable colour difference.

Dont wanna thread crap and maybe because it was only a small job that meant the alloys stayed on the car when the guy did them but after a while the paint began to flake and i only use my car to get back and forth from work (you've no chance if you do track days then).

Also there is still overspray on my driveway so overall i would recommend these guys.

Chipsaway, stick with chips!
Thanks for that Bud.

Nah not too late as such as I went to a local body shop and had mine done the same colour as car (Cosmic) and couldn't be happier :thumbup:
Chipsaway bloke is coming to do one of my alloys tomorrow and to mend a few scratches on the car.

I will report back tomorrow with the result, i've used them before and they were spot on. :thumbup:
hovblackctr wrote:Job done, perfect match! :thumbup: :cooldude:
Do you know if that was a perfect match using the paint code printed at the top of this thread?

Or did they use some type of silver?

Im looking to get mine done, but not sure whether's it better for them to be stripped and powdercoated or stripped and wet painted using that du pont mix.

Anyone else had refurbs done back to the factory colour? What was the process?
I mentioned to him i had found the mix on this thread, he knew the colour code already though as he had done lots before mine.

The quality of repair and colour match is superb, the wheel was badly kerbed all around the wheel, took him 1.5 hours to do, cost £50.
You can't tell where it has been repaired. :-D

I would recommend them on the service i received. :thumbup:
When I got my car(03Reg) I got them to touch up the alloys, they said they don't do the exact colour anymore, but the one they used was a very close match. Only if you got very close, I mean close could you see the difference. They said it was the paint for the new model which is slightly darker. Not sure on the code though, can anyone direct me on how to touch them up in future and best practice?
BRAD 76 wrote:Anybody know the paint code for the pre facelift model?
Car is a 2003.
Im going to try this one tomorrow!

coulour name -> satin silver
manufacturers code -> nh623m
variant code -> darker
jawel bromsgrove -> sa68556bc

let u know ,does it match or not?!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]