The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those round things that you roll on...
By Esquire
I'm going sound like a dick for asking, so be nice, but, say if you were getting a supercharger fitted, and planned on driving it fairly hard, would upgraded pads alone be enough or is a full upgraded brake kit neccessary? Also, if i'm just upgrading pads which i'm considering, do you HAVE to do front and back or can you do one then the other? Cheers.
By Newton
Upgrade on the Front Stoptek Big brake kit and you can use standard on the rear

as the rear is only about 20% of the brakeing power
By LLH
have DS2500 atm, is it worth spending some extra and buy a set of Project mu HC+ pads?
By Dave-88
Hey just wondering if anyone has use the StopTech Street performance brake pads, they are £60 on funkypower, just want to see if anyone has experience with these pads before I commit.

Thanks Dave
By mjhamilton
Just fitted Mintex standard OE equiv pads on front and back (full box set £50 inc delivery from ebay)

MDB2044 for front
MDB1866 for rear

and so far they are performing just as well as Honda pads and seem to produce much less dust on the wheels :bigthumb:

I don't track anymore and have the occasional hoot on the road so they seem ideal for the casual boy racer
By marsh942
Feredo DS2500 or EBC Redstuff front pads?
got red stuff rears ready to go on.
i drive round time and the occasional bypass/B-road, never tracked or will be.
opinions? :)
By BGB83
Had the DS2500's on my old S14a and were really bad from cold. Had the EBC Greenstuffs on the EK4. They were shockingly bad :lol:
By Kyle_d
Any reviews on any of the Mintex pads for front for a CTR? My mates got some mintex on his 300bhp ibiza r but not sure which ones.
By Kyle_d
Might just go for yellowstuffs. Any deals for them? Cheapest iv found is about £71 for a front pair.
By BGB83
That's pretty good TBH [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Kyle_d
BGB83 wrote:That's pretty good TBH [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Yeah bought them earlier :)
By SlammedCosmic
Kyle_d wrote:Any reviews on any of the Mintex pads for front for a CTR? My mates got some mintex on his 300bhp ibiza r but not sure which ones.
Yes, they are sh-t, don't get them. IMO

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]