The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those round things that you roll on...
By Mark83
My Pagid RS29s (yellows) are f-ing awesome but they're track orientated. For road maybe try RS4-2-1 (blacks)? They're aimed at road and light track.
By Bankzi
Dont want to pay ferodo money, car is never on track just fast road. Options are ebc yellow, stoptechs or the pagid?
By Settez
Lots of Brembo pads on Ebay, but no one seems to run them on here, any reason why not?

will be buying new discs and pads all round tomorrow so looking at options.
By mjhamilton
Settez wrote:Lots of Brembo pads on Ebay, but no one seems to run them on here, any reason why not?

I bought the Brembo set from a Scottish outfit that sells on ebay.. no complaints from me - think all in the entire front/back discs and pads were £150 inc delivery

.... but I am not a race driver so what do I know :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230929350663? ... 1439.l2649
By Settez
mjhamilton wrote:
Settez wrote:Lots of Brembo pads on Ebay, but no one seems to run them on here, any reason why not?

I bought the Brembo set from a Scottish outfit that sells on ebay.. no complaints from me - think all in the entire front/back discs and pads were £150 inc delivery

Sounds good to me mate, how have you found the brake feel on daily use? My current brakes feel so spongey its unreal.
By mjhamilton
Settez wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:

Sounds good to me mate, how have you found the brake feel on daily use? My current brakes feel so spongey its unreal.
spongy won't be the pads.. probably do with an fluid change - if you want to stiffen the pedal braided lines are always a good option

Tom from TGM is always my yardstick at service time - when I ask for a fluid change he always asks why as the pedal feels spot on, I just like to get it done when it is due anyway..
By Settez
mjhamilton wrote:
Settez wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:

spongy won't be the pads.. probably do with an fluid change - if you want to stiffen the pedal braided lines are always a good option

Tom from TGM is always my yardstick at service time - when I ask for a fluid change he always asks why as the pedal feels spot on, I just like to get it done when it is due anyway..

I recently changed the fluid and ungraded the lines and was methodical about air bubbles etc but still doesnt feel great. Maybe its just the way the civic pedal feel is compared to other cars ive driven. Going to try pads and discs as they need doing anyway then go from there. Thanks for your replies igthumb:
By mjhamilton
of course I was assuming your current pads and brakes were good quality and not worn out... :)
By chinnyman
For fast road use and possible track use, is there any need to upgrade the rear pads?

I remember my Clio 182 only needed an upgrade to fronts.
By gregg21
just bought a set of dc5 brembos for my ep3,spend more and more time on track , not a daily runner .
looking to get discs and pads , looking at yellow stuff and ds2500's .
currently running ds2500's but find there hard on discs

any advice on discs and pads greatly received
By Danith
Would ds2500 be overkill on a road car?

Mine doesn't go on track, just motorway and b road blasts occasionally.

going get some braided lines to firm up the pedal feel though, just wondering which pads to replace.
By evo_works
I would say they would be fine mate. I would suggest the carbone loraine pads and I have used them as a daily they are fine. I had both the ds pads and rc5's on the Clio, the latter were much better on both road and track. At the time they were similar price, no idea what they are price wise now, I reckon similar ish.
By Danith
So worthwhile difference in stopping power/less brake dust compared to standard? Considering the big cost difference.
By Danith
Oh well, sold my b pipe so might give them a try then. It's either those or OEMs with braided lines and plain discs.
By Danith
Should I get braided hoses all round to make any difference or am I ok with just fronts?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]