The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those round things that you roll on...
By nseaman
are pads easy to fit yourself... im rubbish with things like this but my dad will be able to sort it lol .... go dad !! :thumbup:

Do i need any special tools etc...?

Cheers
By phunkmasterd
nah its really simple, have a peek on the "How To" part of these forums and im sure there is a step by step guide available
By nseaman
are yellowstuff better than redstuff?

whats the difference?

cheers :thumbup:
By phunkmasterd
well the colours really depend on how you drive your civic and what the brakes will have to cope with, lots of people have different opinions on pads. I have heard too many bad things about all of the colours but that may be down to them being used incorrectly. What i can say is that i dont recall hearing anything bad about the Ferrodo pads apart from they may not be as good as standard when cold, although if they are cold your engine will be too and so you shouldnt be going too fast anyway otherwise you are damaging the engine...Go Ferrodo, otherwise its a suck it and see situation.
By phunkmasterd
well if you do make the purchase please do let us know your thoughts
By jojo
My other half fitted project mu break pads to his 200sx so i am goin to give them a go - any one had any experience of them ?
By bluntcap
jojo wrote:My other half fitted project mu break pads to his 200sx so i am goin to give them a go - any one had any experience of them ?
I have the Project Mu Type NS pads on the civic.......amazing piece of kit, 100% recommend them :thumbup:
By Stevo M81
bluntcap wrote:
jojo wrote:My other half fitted project mu break pads to his 200sx so i am goin to give them a go - any one had any experience of them ?
I have the Project Mu Type NS pads on the civic.......amazing piece of kit, 100% recommend them :thumbup:
Here finally got the Ferrodo pads on, very good when warmed up, but my wheels are covered in brake dust, lucky they are grey wheels :lol:
By bluntcap
Stevo M81 wrote:
bluntcap wrote:
Here finally got the Ferrodo pads on, very good when warmed up, but my wheels are covered in brake dust, lucky they are grey wheels :lol:
I was actually going text you about them to see if you ever fitted them, yea the brake dust is a pain but as you say you have dark rims.
By Stevo M81
bluntcap wrote:
Stevo M81 wrote:
bluntcap wrote:
I was actually going text you about them to see if you ever fitted them, yea the brake dust is a pain but as you say you have dark rims.
Now i understand why white wheels would not be so good with these pads. As white wheels are hard enough to keep clean without brake dust.
By jojo
Brilliant, I will be getting me some of those then - I agrtee with keeping white wheels clean NIGHTMARE lol
By phunkmasterd
my wheels are white, its not too difficult

By Cozzi
I was hoping to read this topic and get a definate answer on what to get, but i think it all comes down to preference and budget........
By bluntcap
Cozzi wrote:I was hoping to read this topic and get a definate answer on what to get, but i think it all comes down to preference and budget........
Exactly mate, there are pads people love....just find the ones in your price range that people have recommended.
By tfenton
Any chance for that forum deal for the FERODO DS2500? For road use not track use.
By Mark83
tfenton wrote:Any chance for that forum deal for the FERODO DS2500? For road use not track use.
With who? Circuit Supplies still give the forum discount. I used them last week for a set of DS2500 and DS3000.
By sn:afu
Mark83 wrote:
tfenton wrote:Any chance for that forum deal for the FERODO DS2500? For road use not track use.
With who? Circuit Supplies still give the forum discount. I used them last week for a set of DS2500 and DS3000.
How much did you pay for the Ferodo DS2500 Mark?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]