The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those round things that you roll on...
By Sparky47
To be fair EBC always seem to get mixed reviews. Personally i think that this is because you really have to pick your stuff type for the way you drive your car.

Example- if you put red stuffs in their and drive it like you stole it, then you will think they are good. However if you drive it more sensibly, then you will find them poor (too hard and lacking bite). This mainly comes from them never getting up to temp.

EBC yellow i have found better, but again you need to get more heat into them.

EBC Green- well nothing special- maybe slight improvement on stockers, but hopless if you are hard on them.

All that said i just took EBC red out of mine today and went to DS2500. They seem sooooo much better plus no messing with the temperature etc. They seem a much better 'all round' pad.

Cheers,

Ben.
Agree with you there, does all depend on your style of driving, still feel the yellows are an improvement over the stocks, but its each to there own at the end of the day, good to see a difference in personal opinions in my view, plus also helps people who are looking at new pads on what ones to buy
By go0crazy
Ok not so long ago I got myself a pair of grooved brake discs of ebay :-| along with some green pads.
At normal driveing they are fine, however give it some beans approaching a corner at high speed it just isnt doing the job for me. After seeing some reviews on here people and opinions.. they are not suitable for anything above 200bhp?
Im sure its just the pads i need too replace.
I know its each indivuals has a different driveing style but advice would be much appreciated thanks.

Heres the link for the ones i got of ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R- ... 7C294%3A50

I think Red or Yellow should do the job? Or do you think different?

Thanks again :smile:
By Sparky47
go0crazy wrote:Ok not so long ago I got myself a pair of grooved brake discs of ebay :-| along with some green pads.
At normal driveing they are fine, however give it some beans approaching a corner at high speed it just isnt doing the job for me. After seeing some reviews on here people and opinions.. they are not suitable for anything above 200bhp?
Im sure its just the pads i need too replace.
I know its each indivuals has a different driveing style but advice would be much appreciated thanks.

Heres the link for the ones i got of ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R- ... 7C294%3A50

I think Red or Yellow should do the job? Or do you think different?

Thanks again :smile:

Greenstuff pads are rated up to 200 bhp, while redstuff are rated 200 bhp upwards, yellowstuff pads i believe are a fast road/track day pad?

Hence why your having difficulties with the greenstuff pads imo
By mikey03CTR
If your driving a CTR any respectable garage would not fit greenstuff pads...!

Redstuff pads are ok but without a doubt CTR drivers should be going for EBC yellowstuff. They are the only pad from EBC that is good from cold and warm, and can be used on the road or track!

:thumbup:
By Sparky47
I agrre with Mikey, redstuff pads seem to be fine on the CTR but as i havent used them i cannot really comment on them, i can only say what ive been told via friends who have used them. I find the yellows to be perfect for my driving style plus there is very little fade on the road, it all depends on how you drive and how hard your braking i guess, i i tend to use both the brakes and the box as it seems to work better than just 'stamping' on the middle peddle
By christurbo
I pickup my Premier CTR tonight.

It has std disks and EBC Red Stuff pads - which were awful cold when I test drove it.

I have the following waiting for it, to be done on Saturday when I get a couple of hours:

SS Goodridge Hoses
STD disks all round
Ferodo DS2500 pads
DOT 4 Castrol Brake Fluid

I had that setup on my Clio Cup Track Car which was fantastic. I will let you know how it got on.
By Andyboy
Quoted £210 fitted from Honda for pads and discs for front. Same for back. Need to replace all round. £420 total , fitted :shock:
By Nickyd
christurbo wrote:I pickup my Premier CTR tonight.

It has std disks and EBC Red Stuff pads - which were awful cold when I test drove it.

I have the following waiting for it, to be done on Saturday when I get a couple of hours:

SS Goodridge Hoses
STD disks all round
Ferodo DS2500 pads

I had that setup on my Clio Cup Track Car which was fantastic. I will let you know how it got on.
Well,how did it go??
By christurbo
Nickyd wrote:
christurbo wrote:I pickup my Premier CTR tonight.

SS Goodridge Hoses
STD disks all round
Ferodo DS2500 pads

Well,how did it go??
It went great!

Pics here:

http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 1&t=196275

Write up here:

http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 3&t=196010

:thumbup:

By mikey03CTR
Just a heads up for anybody near Milton Keynes that wants EBC on their CTR check out worldwide motors in newport pagnell, quality garage knocked the VAT off and managed to knock him down again so EBC turbo grooved disks and yellow pads fitted to the front for £300.00. Not a bad deal at all.. cheaper then most. :-D
By Mark83
mikey03CTR wrote:Just a heads up for anybody near Milton Keynes that wants EBC on their CTR check out worldwide motors in newport pagnell, quality garage knocked the VAT off and managed to knock him down again so EBC turbo grooved disks and yellow pads fitted to the front for £300.00. Not a bad deal at all.. cheaper then most. :-D
You couldn't pay me to run EBC turbo groove discs.
By phunkmasterd
EBC brakes are great if you dont mind the pads crackin/exploding or if you have no real desire to live...

OMP N1 pads and discs were really really good in all conditions, but if you want the best without changing your calipers you have to go Ferodo
By k20a@ep3spoon
done a day at brands yellow stuff front standard rear standard discs............... pukka no fade at all. got very hot too......... calipers nice and red bubbled and went brown :lol:
end of the day rear pads went now got yellows on the rear £65 front £45 rear from dads garage P.D.Q car services :thumbup:
By pettman
DM_CTR wrote:I was looking at these for mine ...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

I was just going for grooved discs not the drilled & grooved.

Anyone uses, or used these previously?

Also be new brake hoses bought aswell.
Id also like to know this too!

Also is there any benefit from drilled and grooved as opposed to just drilled or just grooved?
By Mark83
DM_CTR wrote:I was looking at these for mine ...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

I was just going for grooved discs not the drilled & grooved.

Anyone uses, or used these previously?

Also be new brake hoses bought aswell.
I can't see what make the discs are or what model Mintex pads they are...
pettman wrote:Also is there any benefit from drilled and grooved as opposed to just drilled or just grooved?
Drilled discs, specifically non-branded ones like these will no doubt crack.
By Sparky47
Changed my EBC yellowstuff pads and standard disks for a full set of drilled and grooved mintex discs and OEM pads. Really good price too off of ebay at £180 iirc. Work really well when cold and get better when they are warm, couldn't really find much difference in them and the yellow stuff pads to be honest.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]